Chapter 13

Anastasia spent her days making sure that her mate did not obtain anymore injuries, if he needed anything then she would make sure that he had anything and everything in which he needed.

Seeing her mate in pain always broke her heart so she stayed away, she only touched him if she had to, she only helped him to bed before she would sit down on the couch for the remainder of the night

Which is where she was right now. She was laid on the couch with one of his shirts wrapped around her body as the blanket covered her legs as she watched the tv with little sound on so she would not wake her mate or Bella. Who which she still had an incredibly strained relationship with her which sometimes made things around the swan home incredibly difficult as this was now where she spent most of her time due to her wanting to take care of her mate.

She sighed softly as she curled into the blanket and closed her eyes due to her thoughts being occupied by concern for what her future could even hold with her mate, she did not hear him hobble down the stairs and had no idea he was there until she felt a hand brush through her hair making her shoot up her eyes wide ready to attack whoever it was until her eyes landed on Charlie which is when she relaxed slightly.

She looked at him and sighed "you should be in bed" she whispered softly
He looked at her and frowned "how can I sleep when I can practically hear you thinking and stressing" he whispered as he sat down on the couch and got comfortable laying down before pulling her in between his legs so her head was on his chest.

She sighed softly as she closed her eyes and slowly relaxed into him all of her worries fading away as she curled into him.
"Tell me what's wrong darling" he whispered
She sighed and closed her eyes for a second "I'm scared" she mumbled
"Of what sweet girl" he mumbled
"I don't know how our life is going to go, Bella absolutely hates me, you got hurt because of someone in my kind, what kind of life can we have if I could hurt you in the process of loving you, or if your daughter hates me how can you chose me when she's far more important" she whispered

He frowned as he looked down at her for a second "you listen to me very clearly Anastasia Cullen, you have become the most important person in my entire  life, you have shown me that love is worth it, you have shown me that despite my past experiences with love, not all love results in the person you love walking away" he whispered "I'm sad to say this but Renee and I only married because she was pregnant with Bella and I thought it was the right think to do, but it wasn't, I realise now that I never loved Renee, I know now that I have never loved anyone in my life that wasn't you" he mumbled as he gently tilted her head up so she was looking at him "no matter how Bella feels, no matter how many people come for me nothing will ever stop how I feel for you, nobody will change my love for you" he smiled as he leaned down and brushed his lips against hers "I love you Anastasia"

She smiled and leaned into him as she teared slightly at his beautiful words "I love you Charlie more than anything in this world" she whispered as she gently ran her hand through his hair and kissed him before she laid her head in the crook of his neck.

His sweet words made her melt, all her worries disappearing, she knew they were not yet out of the woods, that no doubt Bella would do something to tare them apart but she knew that she would love Charlie Swan until the day Forever ends, if he chose to have a normal human life then she too would die the day he did but if that happened then she would have lived a long and fulfilling life that had been filled with adventure and the most amazing love, but if he decided to become immortal with her then she would show him the world, she would take him to her old home town, she would spend the rest of eternity with her mate beside her.

Her thoughts about leaving him had left the moment he confessed his love for her instead her head now filled with thoughts of happiness, love, marriage and family. One day she wanted to show Charlie that marriage was not all bad and that he just needed ti find the right person, but she also knew that marriage was a big thing and whether they were mates or not Charlie never had to marry her at all not if he didn't want to, she would always respect his decision no matter what that was.

She slowly looked up at him and smiled as she watched his relaxed face as he slept making her sigh softly before she cuddled into him.

She relaxed into him and slowly closed her eyes before she fell asleep with her head laid on his chest listening to his heart beat.

She had no idea how long she had been asleep for but by the time her eyes opened again the sun was shining through the living room curtains and she yawned not wanting to face the day yet but she knew she had to.

She looked up and was greeted by the smiling face of Charlie but his smile slowly dropped and his face turned to one of shock
"What" she whispered "what's wrong" she mumbled
"Your eyes, they're not gold" he whispered

She frowned and sped out of the room and into the bathroom upstairs as she looked into the mirror and gasped softly her once brightly golden eyes were now blue, the same blue they had once been when she had been human. She had no idea what her eye colour changing meant but she knew the long she was with Charlie the more human characteristics she would get, if he did choose to become a vampire a small part of her would miss all of the little human details that she now had but the up side would be that she would have him.

She walked downstairs and looked at him "they're the same colour as when I was human" she whispered looking down, she was slightly afraid of what he would think.

He gently grabbed her face and smiled "you are beautiful" he mumbled before he kissed her gently.

There was one thing that Anastasia Cullen knew and that was she was hopelessly in love with Charlie Swan.