Learning

"Ok, I sorta get it" you said.

"Better than Itadori" Gojo sighed. You let out a small laugh thinking about how this went with Itadori.

"So you will need to use cursed energy for techniques and you can also use it for hand to hand combat, which you, at the moment, are not very good at. You need to practice with the upperclassmen more", he explained.

"Ouch"

"Itadori told me about when you guys were fighting the special grade, he had somehow used cursed energy while punching the curse. Now I don't know if you saw that, but it would be very helpful to learn how to do that."

He continued on while starting to lead you into another room.

"Everyone is trained to produce cursed energy at the slighted hint of emotion. They also learn to now waste cursed energy when they get to emotional."

"I'll have you use the same method Itadori used, which is...."

He pointed to a couch with a TV in front of it.

"Movie Watch method!" He tried to say enthusiastically.

"By watching all sorts of movies filled with emotion, sad, happy, angry, you will learn to control your emotions. And if not.. then this cursed bear with hit you."

He then holds up the cursed bear he was talking about.

"Ok. Interesting"

You said and went to go grab the bear. You took a seat down on the coach and went through the movies he had laid down for you.

"Ok. You got that fast. I'll leave you to it. If you want any snacks there is a bag right there in the corner with food and drinks, ok?"

Gojo said pointing to a white bag in the corner of the room. You nodded and inserted a DVD and started the movie while Gojo left the room.

———————————————

After a whole lot of movies, and a whole lot of getting hit, Gojo came back.

You were sitting silently on the couch while a death scene came on. Gojo was silently watching you from the door.

After the scene was done, Gojo came up to you.

"You seemed pretty good right there. Your getting it quickly. Good job" he said praising you.

"Thanks. What do we do next?" You asked not wanting to watch more movies.

"Ok then, since you seem pretty stable with your cursed energy, we can head to the next step. Next up you will focus and bring the energy into your fist, or leg, or whatever body part you want to fight with."

You nodded slowly, not sure if you could do it. It was a big step from watching movies.

"Let's try it with your fists. Control your energy and feel it in you. Bring it to your hands. Once you think you've got it, punch my hand."

He said. Shortly after he gave an example of how it's supposed to be done by clenching his hand into a fist and by making cursed energy appear all around his fist. You nodded and tried it.

You steadied your breathing and relaxed.

"Close your eyes if it helps you " Gojo gave a little tip which you took. You closed your eyes.

You pictured in your head the cursed energy going to your fists. You punched his hand. Slowly opened your eyes. Nope. The expression on Gojo's face said it all.

"Nope. That's just a regular punch, which by the way, we need to work on." He told you.

"Let's do it again shall we?" He asked.

"Ok"

You gave it another shot.

Nope.

Another.

Nope.

Another.

Still no.

"Ugh! This is so stupid!" You gave up and took a seat on the couch.

"Hey, it's all right, you'll get it. It's just the first day. Keep on practicing and you'll get it. You have the right idea, you just need to follow the plan through more, y'know?"

Gojo said, coming to where you were seated. You nodded and he told you that was all for today. He stood up and left, you right behind him.

He dropped you off at the dorms and the left for a meeting he had. You headed towards the main room and saw Nobara and Fushiguro eating. You decided to join them, taking a few pieces of food out of their plates.

"So. What did you guys do today?" You tried to make conversation.

"Nothing really, just more training. I'm really tired." Nobara responded.

"Yea, I'm drained. Even hit the gym a bit before." Fushiguro added.

Oh

It seemed like they were both working really hard and you were just watching TV and learning nothing about cursed energy or using it.

Do better

"Yea, I'm going to go to bed right now anyways, so goodnight!" You got up and started heading towards your room.

"Night"

"Night"

They both called out after you.

Once you got to your room, you sat down on your bed.

I wonder how much they improved.

What if I'm lagging behind?

What training are they doing that's different from mine? They both have cursed energy. What's wrong with me?

You got out of bed and snuck out through the window and headed down into the forest.

You sat down on the ground and closed your eyes. You were going to do this. You got to try this. The sounds of nature calmed you down and you pictured the cursed energy going to your hands.

Everything went black.

Realization hit you. You fell into Sukuna's realm.

"Ugh what do you need?!? I'm trying to practice?!?" You said slightly irritated. You stood up, looked around and saw Sukuna sitting on a log.

"Your cursed energy does not work like that." Sukuna said.

"Your cursed energy is my cursed energy. Itadori has his own naturally. What your doing is wrong." He continued.

"And why are you telling me this?" You questioned him.

"Because I can help you control it seeing that you want to so badly, in exchange for one thing." Sukuna said coming closer to you.

"And that is?"

"I want you to accept Jogo's offer and join him and his group."

______________________