Chapter 4 - G.I. Jane

The moment when Gahtan locked on the signal before the bad bloods had engaged the FTL, he programmed the ship to follow them within a safe distance behind, making sure he was completely shielded and undetectable by any long range scanners. With his destination unknown or how long he would be following them, he set the ship on auto-pilot mode.

Sooner or later, the bad bloods would lead him to their clan location. All he had to do was lie in wait, with a bit of patience, of course.

Leaning back in his pilot seat, he stared at the screen and tried to relax. Though, he was acutely aware of the ooman female not far from him, of which urged him to limit her access to the ship.

After security measure was in place, he looked at her as she stared back at him with mixed ooman emotions showing on her face, apparently waiting for answers like he was the one who was actually responsible for keeping her here. He had warned her. He had tried to get her out of his ship. But the stubborn ooman would not listen, not until it was too late that she finally realized what she had gotten herself into here. She had no one to blame but herself.

Rising from his seat, Gahtan said nothing to her. But he did gave her a death glare before he broke the eye contact and walked away to retrieve his bio-mask on the floor. Then he cloaked and disappeared.

C'jit, he had a ooman on his ship. He needed a moment to think, he needed a moment to be alone. Gahtan stormed out of the bridge as his mind kept thinking about that fact. How the pauk did it turned into this? It was supposed to be a simple intervention, fix her then release her. How pauking complicated was that? Instead, the whole thing went wrong. A complete debacle. This wasn't what he had in mind at all. But again, he didn't think he could anticipate this sudden change of outcome. The way that ooman female behaved after seeing his face made him scowl, she was incredibly calm, never in his life had he seen such a ooman remained so calm like she did. She wasn't blind, of that much he was sure.

What the pauk is wrong with that female then?

Just as he thought she was going to challenge him with his dagger in hand, finally giving him a proper reason to end this ridiculous game once and for all, she surprised him again. She was quite unpredictable from the oomans he had had encountered before. And thinking about it frustrated him greatly.

To top it all off, the bad bloods just had to choose that particular time, on this particular day to make a move. It seemed like everyone was working against him today. Their ends wouldn't be pleasant when he got what he needed from them.

Having himself tied up to this task, he was at a point of no return. The most favorable option in this instance was to wait until he acquired the Blood Talons' hidden location first, then he could get her out of here with pleasure. Before that, he seemed to be stuck with her.

Gahtan groaned again, the more he thought about this, the more agitated he grew as unpleasant memories of Bau'jah's ooman mate resurfaced to the forefront of his mind again. Oomans were never fun to be kept around, unless hunting was involved.

This was going to be a dreadful journey, he hoped the bad bloods would reach their clan soon. If they do, he might even consider rewarding them with a swift, painless death for lessening his misfortune. And of course he didn't forget to add his hunting brother on top of the list this time. The real cause of his misery. Damn Bau'jah for bringing all of this misfortune upon him. Gahtan wanted to punch his face so very badly. But a hologram would have to take his place right now.

With his hunting brother's face picturing in mind, Gahtan initiated the training program and engaged.

For a good amount of time after the green alien disappeared. Jane stood there, feeling shocked, confused and appalled. How rude!