RA 7 - Intuition

Before Jiang Chijing could respond, a guard on the patrol team escorted Zheng Mingyi away.

In truth, Jiang Chijing didn't know how to respond, either.

The security cameras in the prison were different from the pinhole camera Jiang Chijing installed. They were standard white cuboids and highly conspicuous.

As it was, the recreation room was no more than ten square meters and was completely devoid of anything attached to the ceiling. It was easy to tell with a single glance that there weren't any security cameras installed here.

Taking a step back, even if there were security cameras installed in the recreation room, the connection would be linked to the control room, not the library.

Just now when Jiang Chijing ran over, Zheng Mingyi's back was to the door. That aside, the two lackeys were right behind the door, blocking the view inside. No matter which way he spun it, Jiang Chijing couldn't possibly have known right upon opening the door that it was Zheng Mingyi who was doing the beating.

However, what just happened was that Zheng Mingyi's inmate number left Jiang Chijing's tongue the very moment that he wrenched the door open.

In other words, before entering the door, Jiang Chijing had already known what was happening in the recreation room.

Jiang Chijing believed himself to be a careful and cautious person, otherwise, he wouldn't have been able to spy on others without being caught. But regarding this, he had to admit that he really did slip up.

The situation just now was so urgent that he didn't have time to put too much thought into it. Now, in retrospect, he suddenly caught another problem—how did Zheng Mingyi's brain react so quickly?

Perhaps it was because he was in a 1v3 situation, thus was constantly paying attention to what was happening behind him, or perhaps it was because he was sensitive to the matter of surveillance, thus could instantly find the faults in Jiang Chijing's behavior.

But whatever the reason, this wouldn't be the logical reasoning of someone with a low IQ.

A premonition suddenly emerged in Jiang Chijing's mind; Zheng Mingyi didn't seem to be as simple-minded as he had thought.

He forcibly suppressed his unease and consoled himself that there wouldn't be someone so omnipotent as to discover his secret just because he had revealed a teensy opening.

***

"Old Nine is in pretty bad shape."

Near the end of the day, Luo Hai returned to the prison from a hospital outside and came to pass the time chatting with Jiang Chijing.

"Leaving the concussion aside," Luo Hai spoke and pointed out the positions on himself, "his right wrist bones and joints are dislocated and fractured. I don't know how he got such severe injuries."

Actually, Jiang Chijing did know. When Old Nine tried to punch Zheng Mingyi, Zheng Mingyi took a small step back and returned a punch straight to the fist that Old Nine was throwing at him.

Jiang Chijing had seen this action countless times before when Zheng Mingyi was boxing the sandbag at home. Back then, he didn't have much of an impression of it. But when his earphones rang with a howl that resembled a butchered pig, he then realized how terrifying Zheng Mingyi's fists were.

"Three words. He deserved it," Jiang Chijing concluded.

"Let's not talk about Old Nine for now," Luo Hai said. "It's been less than three days and people have come to mess Zheng Mingyi up, don't flake out on the Michelin restaurant you promised before."