RA 19 - Jam

Languid, Princess sat upright, looking over at Jiang Chijing.

He had already stayed in prison for eight years thereabout and was one of those inmates who didn't fear the prison staff. Additionally, with Xu Sheng backing him, most prison guards wouldn't have any business to take up with him either.

But the library was Jiang Chijing's territory. Just like how he wouldn't encroach on someone else's territory, he didn't allow anyone to encroach his territory.

Princess and Jiang Chijing stared at each other for a time, during which Zheng Mingyi was also looking at Jiang Chijing.

A while later, Princess averted his gaze, turning back to Zheng Mingyi. "Handsome..."

"Another word and you get out," Jiang Chijing directly raised his voice, interrupting the rest of Princess' sentence.

The other inmates in the library were watching the two of them cautiously, looking split between being afraid to draw fire whilst also irresistibly drawn to gossip.

Jiang Chijing was unyielding. If Princess did speak another word more, he would drive him out.

However, before their soundless confrontation saw a conclusion, Zheng Mingyi stood up, gazing down at Princess, saying, "Move."

Zheng Mingyi was in a corner seat, thus could only come out if Princess made way.

While facing ahead, Princess darted a sidelong glance at Zheng Mingyi, then leaned back, crossing his two arms in front of his chest with an ugly expression on his face.

This posture couldn't really be considered as giving way; he only left a small space. If Zheng Mingyi wanted to get out, typically, he could only step across his body.

However, Zheng Mingyi didn't do that. Instead, he bluntly used his knees to knock the legs away, just as if Princess didn't exist, squeezing him aside.

After coming out from the corner, Zheng Mingyi came straight to the first row. There was another inmate seated there originally. He walked to stand in front of the other, staring expressionlessly at him, and that person had the acumen to harden his neck and take his book to another seat.

The first row seats by the window were the closest to Jiang Chijing. Zheng Mingyi sat down here, opening his comic book again, indifferent as if nothing had just happened.

Jiang Chijing also didn't expect that despite the short time that Zheng Mingyi had entered prison, even some of the longer-serving inmates in prison didn't dare to squabble with him over seats.

Behind, Princess rolled his eyes, disinterestedly leaving the library. However, from Jiang Chijing's understanding of him, he wouldn't give up so easily. Even if in the end, he really couldn't bag Zheng Mingyi, he would at least let Xu Sheng know, forcing him to take a hit.

This earlier episode didn't affect the other inmates in the library. Everyone read their books, as they should, and when it eventually reached two o'clock, they automatically returned their books and left.

Zheng Mingyi placed the comic book back on the shelf. But when he came to Jiang Chijing's work area, he was holding another book in his hands—A Complete Collection of Cold Jokes.

Jiang Chijing's lips twitched. "Put the book back."

Zheng Mingyi laughed softly. He sat down next to Jiang Chijing, straightening his expression, and said, "Who was that just now?"

"You mean the one flirting with you?" said Jiang Chijing, "His nickname's Princess. You'd best stay away from him."

"Why?" Zheng Mingyi asked.