RA 12 - Cologne

Jiang Chijing and Luo Hai had known each other for many years. Even if it wasn't to the extent of knowing each other inside out, they were still extremely familiar with each other's ways.

The two of them were able to have a peaceful break-up and even remain friends after breaking up because they both knew that they weren't romantically compatible.

Luo Hai was two years older than Jiang Chijing. He had a parental manner when dating and hoped that Jiang Chijing would depend on him. He would remind Jiang Chijing to drink warm water in the early mornings and to take a break if he had been doing visually strenuous activities like reading for too long.

Jiang Chijing found out from very early on that Luo Hai liked to treat his significant other similarly to watching over a little brother. Therefore, when he first transferred to the prison, he could immediately tell that the way Luo Hai treated a certain rascally brat in prison was special.

On the flip side, Luo Hai could also tell that Jiang Chijing didn't like being taken care of.

He didn't want to change his lifestyle habits and didn't want to depend on anyone. His ideal relationship was for both parties to be on equal footing, with neither side looking up to the other.

There were no rights or wrongs in love, only whether or not the ways of expressing love matched.

But their love languages were completely at odds with each other. Even if they tried their best to compromise, their break-up was inevitable.

So, similar to how Jiang Chijing understood Luo Hai's preferences, Luo Hai also understood Jiang Chijing's preferences, not giving him leeway to refuse.

Jiang Chijing didn't want Luo Hai to misunderstand that he was interested in Zheng Mingyi. As such, even if he was in every way reluctant on the inside, he could only make proper preparations for the blind date.

He still hadn't opened the new bottle of cologne. After finishing his toast and keeping the strawberry jam in the refrigerator, he just happened to remember this.

This cologne lasted for quite a decent duration. As Jiang Chijing didn't want to appear like he had put in too much effort, he sprayed some behind his ears and on his wrists before stepping out the door, so that the faint fragrance would be just nice when he got off work later.

At nine in the morning, by the time Jiang Chijing was done delivering the mail, Zheng Mingyi was already waiting at the door to the library.

It was only then that Jiang Chijing learned the central bank would report a series of stats in the morning, which would affect the trend for the day's market. Consequently, the warden had requested for him to be a 'book boy' for Zheng Mingyi all bright and early in the day.

"I'm saying this first." Jiang Chijing went into his work area and turned on the computer. "If you get fresh with me again today, you'd better be ready for the consequences."

"What consequences?" Zheng Mingyi walked into the work area as well, sitting next to Jiang Chijing. His legs were still casually spread like yesterday, not showing any intention of backing down.

Jiang Chijing didn't design him a response, only looking at the computer, making clear with his attitude that he couldn't be arsed to bother Zheng Mingyi.

The computer start-up sound soon played. Jiang Chijing moved the mouse in front of Zheng Mingyi to let him open the web pages himself, however at this moment, Zheng Mingyi suddenly pressed his hand down, catching him completely unawares, leaning in towards him.

Jiang Chijing unconsciously turned his head over and saw that Zheng Mingyi's face was already startlingly close. He reflexively drew away, his back plastering tightly against his office chair.