Waiting (pt.2)

I finally sat down in my room at my desk and got everything ready to write my letter when my mom and sister came into my room.

"Are you gonna pick up your brother from school? Or do you want me to do that?" she asked, completely unbothered with the fact that I was about to do something that requires all my concentration.

I glared back at her with the most 'what do you want?' look I could possibly give her. When she saw my face she realized within that moment that it would be her that picks up Y/B/N and not me; but of course since I gave her that look her curiosity peaked interest into whatever it was I'm doing.

"What? So you're not gonna pick him up then?" —I glare continued— "okay then, that answers that... what are you even soo busy with that you can't pick up Y/B/N anyway?"

"Nothing..." I tried to say in a way that wouldn't make it obvious I was up to something, but failed.

"Oh really? Is that so?" she said as she was starting to walk towards me to see what 'nothing' I was doing. I covered up what I was doing to the best of my ability as she was walking up to me, because I didn't want her to lecture me for 'trying to live in a fantasy' as she likes to call it.

"Seriously, I'm not doing anything, —at this point I knew there was no point in trying to hide it cuz she could clearly see the piece of paper through my arms that I wasn't doing a very good job covering— I'm just trying to write my future hubby another letter." I said.

"Your future hubby? —my mom said with a 'wtf are you talking about' look on her face— who the he- oh wait, you don't- you don't mean that one Loki guy do you? What's his name again? Tom Hiddle- something?"

"Tom Hiddleston mom, honestly I'm surprised that you don't know his name by heart at this point, cuz of how much I talk about him." I said with a bit of a sarcastic undertone in my voice because I know full well why she doesn't remember his name.

"Yeah, well, you know I don't care and don't pay any attention to half the things you say when you start talking about your 'imaginary boyfriends' —she said while making air quotes— or whatever it is that you call them."

"They are not imaginary mom! They are in fact real Ya know! And for the record they are my Fantasy boyfriends, not imaginary." I said defending him (my fantasy boyfriend that is).

"Yes, but them being with you is imaginary ya know." she said, mocking me because I was defending them.

"Yeah- well- ya' know what- whatever, anyway, besides, why are you still here? You said that you don't care about what I'm saying anymore once I start talking about my 'imaginary boyfriends' which in fact, are my fantasy, not imaginary." I said to remark at her mocking me.

My mom rolled her eyes in the most dramatic 'mom like' way possible. "Yes, I know I said that. The reason I'm still here is because I wanna know why you are writing him another letter? Didn't you do the first one for a dare, So you should be done with that now, why are you writing another one? What are you hoping to be pen pals with him or something ridiculous like that?" She said, with one arm crossed over her chest and with the other arm that she was talking with, out in the air.

My face turned red and I instantly got embarrassed as she hit my hopes and dreams right on the money, "Nooo... I wasn't planning on doing something ridiculous like that at all... I mean it's not like I deliberately asked in a P.S if he would like to be pen pals with me in my last letter... or something like that." I said to her rather sheepishly, trying not to make it too obvious while also making it very obvious that that is exactly what I did.

But of course, my mom being my mom she could see straight through me (and just like she had said before, she simply didn't really care anymore). "Riiight, Well, you go ahead and knock yourself out with that then, I am going to go pick up your brother." she said walking her way out of my room to give me my space to write.