CHAPTER SEVENTEEN 💙

The restaurant had been busy just like Giyeon's. It wasn't much of a surprise to me but the thought of Daewon being alone and hectic all of a sudden, considering that I've been noticing how the others had free time was still new to me. However, it didn't seem like he needed much assistance since he had been rushing orders with no problem.

But for me, I knew he needed the help he could get despite him saying he doesn't require any sort of assistance.

My hands grasped the doorknob and swung it open, quickly running in to talk to Daewon. "Busy day. Need any help?"

"One of these days, I'm sure you'll learn that I can manage this myself." Daewon's hand grasped the last ticket before mumbling under his breath, forming incoherent words as he pushed the last order on the counter. It took him a while but he had finally accepted the fact that I decided to serve the meals to the remaining customers.

My lips curled into a smile, quickly pulling the trays with me as I finally rushed towards the last table in the afternoon, ending the service successfully. Returning back to Daewon, who seems preoccupied with cleaning the kitchen counter, I crossed my arms and grinned.

He probably noticed my reaction since he faced me with a raised eyebrow and finally shook his head in dismissal. "I can't believe you just went in here and acted like you're a server in my restaurant. You can't just do that."

"I'm just helping. I never said I wanted to be a waitress," I countered his remark before waving it off. "Besides, consider it as payment."

He sighed in realization. Of course, there was a catch. "I knew it. You just wanted something in return."

"Don't worry, it's not something difficult to get," I told him, "Just a little recipe of yours for the family."

Before I could even continue, his eyes had shown a hint of disapproval before waving me off and telling me to order instead of lingering in the kitchen. "No can do. Chefs can't reveal their own secrets if I remember it correctly."

"It's just one recipe though."

"Why do you need it so badly?"

"It's for my mom."

He stood silent, contemplating whether to help me or not. His eyes glinted with curiosity and confusion before it dawned on him that I was still waiting for a reply. It took him a while to respond but he reluctantly agreed.

"She like Korean cuisines?" he questioned.

"She said she'd love to try one if she'd get a chance. I wanted to surprise her," I answered.

Daewon let out a hum before he walked away from the counter and towards the pantry. I only stood far away as Daewon decided to grab some ingredients before going back to the kitchen. If I could remember it clearly, this guy pushed me there. I wouldn't take the chance to fall again, especially not at the falls. I shuddered at the memory before following him.

He noticed the reaction I had and smirked. "What? Thinking of going for a dip?"

"Haha, very funny. I'd rather not take the chance to swim at a waterfall. The last time I did, I thought it was my last." I grimaced at the thought before crossing my arms.

He laughed and waved me off. After that, he mentioned me to follow him to the kitchen so he could teach me one of the recipes he got. Daewon handed me one of the aprons and gloves before facing the kitchen counter.

"You better make sure it's for your mom. I usually don't share my recipe to other people or else I'd be out of business." He then gave me a look.

"Don't share the recipe to anyone, got it?" He sternly warned me before he took out one of the pots. I waited patiently, my fingers tapping immensely on the counter and finally my lip turning into a pout as the words struck me. So mean.