Chapter 4

Lilith POV:

Buck grins as we grab our drinks and find a table.  "So Probie what were you doing before you were a firefighter?" Both Chim and Hen glance at me curiously. I raise an eyebrow as Bobby leans back with a smile. 

"Bartender," I say with a smile.  Bobby opens his mouth but pauses and grins.

"Eddie glad you could make it," Bobby smirks.  Eddie mumbles something under his breath as he sits beside Buck. Buck smirks and hands Eddie a beer. "What are we celebrating Cap? " Eddie asks. 

"Lilith joining us!" Bobby says.  Eddie instantly glares at me.

"Wasn't my idea," I mutter.

"Also... you coming back," Bobby says with a grin. Eddie spins to grin at Bobby. 

"Really?" Bobby nods and Eddie's smile widens. I stare at him with a small smile. Buck slaps him on the back with a matching grin. I look away and find Hen watching me. 

"Wanna play pool, Hen?" I ask with a small smile.  Hen grins and nods.  As we walk over and Hen tracks the balls.  Chimney has filled us and leans against the wall to watch. 

"Careful Hen she seems sneaky, " Chimney says with a smile. I dramatically turn to him and gasp.

"Me? Never," I wink at Chimney with a grin and line up my shot. I shoot and several solids drop into the pockets.  I grin at Hen.

"Glad I didn't bet on this," Hen mutters. I laugh and our game continues. I feel a gaze on me and turn. Eddie is staring at me with a look I can't discern. I wink at him and he frowns. Buck mutters something and Eddie glares at him. I smirk as I turn back to Hen who is quietly talking to Chimney.

Buck and Eddie appear over my shoulder and watch as I sink the 8 ball with a grin. "I am never playing you again," Hen says teasingly.  I grin again and spin around to get another drink.

"Hi! Can I get a beer?" I ask with a flirty smile.

The bartender grins but quickly stops and hands me my drink. I frown and turn around. Eddie had followed me and is glaring over my shoulder. "Need something, Eddie?" I ask. Eddie looks over my shoulder.

"Can I get a beer please?" Eddie asks with a smirk at me. I frown and grab the drink before Eddie can. 

"Thanks!" I say already walking away. 

"Hey!" Eddie runs after me and I set the beer on a table away from the rest of the 118. 

"What is your problem?" I grunt. Eddie blinks at me and glares. 

"I don't have a problem because I am coming back which means you will be leaving," Eddie smiles. 

"Why would they celebrate me joining you if I was leaving?" I ask placing my hands on my hips. Eddie blinks in confusion and then he frowns. 

"That... is an excellent point," Eddie frowns and snatches his drink stalking away. I sigh and head over towards Hen. 

Eddie POV:

I hurry over to Bobby and pull him aside. "Is Lilith not leaving?" 

"Of course not. Lucy was your temp so she's leaving," 

"Then who is Lilith covering?" 

Buck comes up behind me. "Ravi. He moved to New York," Buck says with a grin. I blink in shock and groan. 

"So I was an asshole for no reason?" Both Bobby and Buck nod. "Shit. I gotta go apologize," I turn around and scan the crowd. Hen and Chimney appear beside me. 

"Lilith just said she was headed out. She looked a little irritated. Although that might be because she doesn't have any furniture," Hen mutters. We all turn to her in confusion. 

"How do you know that?" Chim asks. 

"She mentioned it this morning," Hen shrugs. 

"How does she not have any furniture?" Buck asks. 

"She lives in a third-story apartment, Buck. She probably can't carry it," Hen says. 

"Eddie, you still need to apologize right?" Buck grins.