Chapter 13

Lillith's POV: 

Callie is sitting on my couch gleefully eating my bag of popcorn when I come back from my shift. "I was saving that you little asshole. Why are you in my apartment... Again?"

"I knew you were getting off," Callie shrugs as if that explains everything. I squint at her suspiciously and sigh as she seems to get more comfortable on my couch. I grab the bag out of her hands and sit on my coffee table. 

"What is going on? I think you've spent more time here than you have at you're own house. Callie, why are you living in my apartment?" I ask with poorly concealed frustration if Callie's flinch is any indication. She frowns at me and stares at the floor. "Cal... What is going on?" 

"I- I'll go home," Callie jumps up and immediately starts for the door. 

"Callie! That is not what I meant!" I grab her arm lightly and she stares at me hopefully. "I truthfully don't care but I am confused," 

"I-I keep thinking you are still in Texas," Callie admits quietly. "I keep expecting another call from TK or Grace telling me that you are dead. Or in the hospital and I'm stuck here. Then I'll remember that you are here and I just come over to remind myself that you aren't running away from me again," Callie blinks as if she didn't mean to admit that last part. 

I blink at her as I process everything I just heard. "Ok," I say dumbly. Callie frowns and I shake my head as she shrinks back. "First of all. I would never let TK call you about that," It gets a short giggle that I was going for. "Second. I am here and next time you feel that way just text me, Cal," Callie frowns as if the thought never occurred to her. Truthfully it probably didn't. "Ok new plan here next time you feel like I'm gone, send me a snap, Of whatever you're staring at and I'll respond with whatever I'm doing. When I get a chance. Deal?" Callie nods and I grin. "Alright, I don't want to cook. Chinese or Italian?" 

"Pizza?" Callie asks. I shrug which Callie takes as agreement. "I don't really want to be here though so let's go out for pizza!" Callie bounds towards the door and I frown as I wait for my sister to remember that she's famous. "Are you coming?" 

"Callie... What restaurant are we going to?" 

"Didn't you run into Eddie and his kid at one? It was close by right?" Callie asks shoving her shoes on. 

"Yeah... You want to go there?" I ask incredulously. 

"Yeah!" 

"And if you get recognized?" I ask, my voice a lot quieter than I intended. Callie falters and frowns. 

"I forgot. How did I forget that I'm a celebrity?" She mutters to herself. Cause you've been holed up in my apartment for a month and haven't talked to anyone. I keep that to myself and shrug. 

"So order in?" I reach for my phone. Callie frowns and seems to think for a moment. 

"Do you care if I get recognized?" Callie asks quietly. I raise an eyebrow at her in confusion. 

"No?" 

"Then would it be ok if we still go? I know it will be awkward. I'll wear a hat but I still want to go out," Callie rubs the back of her neck nervously and I shrug again. I cram my phone in my pocket and grab my keys. 

"Let's go. You're paying though. I'm living on a civil servant budget," Callie snorts rather unattractively at my comment and shakes her head. Neither of us addresses Grandma's trusts that she left us. "Cause I would ever let you actually function off that," Callie mutters as we climb in the car. 

"You could try. It wouldn't hurt your bank account. For example, stop trying to buy me more kitchenware," I add, making sure the teasing note in my voice is clear.