Chapter 6: Picnic By The Beach

(I got too many ideas to organize that are 100% not related to this storyline lmao)

~

After Sniff face planted into the picnic blanket Y/N had to hold back their laughter. "Alright that was fun but all that running was making me hungry." They were implying that they were hungry and ready to eat but didn't want to be straightforward about it. Sniff on the other hand just started eating after he recovered from his little crash landing. For someone who's so scared of everything he ain't afraid to be rude. He is just scarfin' down those apples.

"Hey!" Exclaimed Little My. "Save some for the rest of us Sniff!" She whined and grabbed a sandwich so she could get at least something before the kangaroo-dog looking thing that shared a blanket with her eats all the god forsaken food and everything else including the kitchen sink.

Everyone decided to do the same, grabbing sandwiches, fruits, and of course pastries made by Moomin mama. Fun fact, Moomins are omnivores much like their commonly mistaken counterpart, Hippos. Despite this they lean towards more of a plant based diet because literally every living thing besides fish and bugs can talk and have feelings or whatever.

Everyone enjoyed one of the regular ten things to do in Moomin Valley that practically everyone could do. I say practically because one of those activities is swim, which Sniff cannot do. But he can do at least the other nine things. Picnicking, Fishing, Cooking, Reading, Shell/ Flower collecting, Gardening/ Foraging, Sand castle making, Boat trips, Hiking trips, Cleaning. I'd say sleeping too but that's not really doing anything.

"Y/N are you alright you've been glaring at something for a bit." Snufkin gently pat Y/N's shoulder. "Huh oh yeah that's just my face when I think. I'm fine." Y/N scarfed down the pastry they were holding and enjoyed it.

"What were you thinking about so hard that you looked like you were going to kill someone" Snufkin chuckled but they could hear a tinge of worriedness in his voice. He may be cool calm and collected but he does not wish to die.

"Oh I was just thinking about all the fun things we could do together. We can only do so much on a picnic other than just eat and talk and look at the sky I guess." Y/N makes an excellent point. There is only so much that one can do.

"Oh how about we go to the beach and collect sea shells?" Snorkmaiden suggested. Well it was better than nothing but staring into the clouds, if there are any, of course. In the end everyone had agreed to the only plan presented at all.

So after all finished their food they packed up and headed over to the beach. When they got there Moomin set the blanket back out and the basket was now empty and perfect for sea shell collecting.

Y/N decided that maybe they can find a thank you gift for Snufkin for helping them sleep last night and just letting them sleep in his tent. That sounded weird out of context. But that's besides the point. They wanted to thank him with the power of gift giving but if he doesn't fancy gifts they can do something for him. Like make him dinner or something.

Y/N rummaged through the sand to look for pretty shells. Nothing good so far. It seems Snork Maiden found all the good ones like some sort of shell magnet or maybe she has special shell seaking senses. Do Snorks have Shell seaking senses? That would be an interesting theory to test out.

"Hey Y/N." Snufkin approached. "Searching hard or hardly searching?" He asked with a chuckle. Why does this sweet boy chuckle so much? What's with the author and chuckling? I guess it's just cute or something but they really need to expand their vocabulary. "I'm looking for something nice and it's a secret and you can't know about it until I find it I guess." Usually Y/N is better at talking than this. What on earth has gotten them so flustered? "So stay here or don't. Do what you want as long as you don't spoil my surprise." Oh my they're a mess. Seriously what in the world has gotten into them?

Y/N searched high and mostly low for a nice seashell for Snufkin dearest. You know friendship and all that. They continued the search but alas they couldn't find something worthy to express their gratitude. Yes, Gratitude. That's the emotion they're feeling right?

Suddenly a glimmer in the sand had caught their eye. They leaped onto the spot and started digging up the spot to find the most beautiful trinket they've seen. It wasn't a shell or Rubies and gemstones galore. It was something more beautiful. A natural beauty like a shell with the glimmering foggy appearance of an unpolished gemstone. Sea glass. Lot's and lots of Sea glass. They shoved as much as they could in their pocket. 'I can make so many cool things with these. Like necklaces'

It seems Y/N had thought of the perfect thing to hand on over to Snufkin. Y/N rummaged through their pockets and found some string. Yes! Now they can make a necklace for Snufkin. It's small and he shouldn't have too much trouble or problem carrying it with him. "There. Perfect." Y/N mumbled to themself after completing it.They should make more later.

They then went off to find Snufkin so they may gift him this necklace token of appreciation. There he was, over at the picnic blanket. He seemed so calm and relaxed. Look at him playing his lovely French harp, once again aka the the harmonica. The sweet tune of the harmonica is quite lovely regardless of the context of a piano man being there.

"Hey Snufkin I got that secret surprise thingy I was talking about." Y/N smiled and attempted to place it onto his head but his hat was too big. He simply laughed and took off his hat real quick so he can wear the necklace.

"Thank you Y/N. It's lovely"

☁️

🎉 You've finished reading 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕃𝕠𝕧𝕖 𝕊𝕥𝕣𝕦𝕔𝕜 𝔽𝕠𝕠𝕝 𝕆𝕗 𝕄𝕠𝕠𝕞𝕚𝕟 𝕍𝕒𝕝𝕝𝕖𝕪 🎉