04❄️HURTING YOU IS HURTING MYSELF

"Merry Christmas sweetie!" When Sky got downstairs her mother and grandmother greeted her. "Merry Christmas Mommy and Granny!" She greeted back. "Here's your present from granny." Said her granny and handed her a box. "And this from me." Her mom handed her a bag. "Oh mom and grandma, you don't have to give me a present since you two were the best present for me. By the way Thank you!" Skylar hugged her mom and grandma. She sat on a stool near the kitchen counter and opened the box that her granny presented. "My god! Granny, did you make it?" It was a handmade scarf. Her grandmother designed it for her. She was smiling at her granddaughter. She touched every part of the scarf to feel and she found something in a corner of the scarf. "Mom look! There's also my name here. H-S-H. Hwang Skylar Hazel" She was so happy to have this scarf. Immediately she wore that and asked what she looks like. "As always you are beautiful." That was their answer. Then she opened the bag that her mom gave. "Mom! It's the jacket that I always wanted. Thank you, mom. But it must be so expensive." She worried about the price cause she knew it was a branded jacket and she was expecting to buy that by herself one day when she starts to work. "Nothing is expensive for me to give you my Sweetie.. I'm trying my best to give you everything you want. Right?" Her mom kissed her. "Thank you, mom. You are the best"

Skylar went to church with her mother and grandmother to attend the morning prayer. It's Christmas. So many were there in church and Skylar didn't forget to hang on to her mother's hand. As she didn't like crowded places so she decided to stay with her mom. But there were her mom's friends to talk with her. So she sat on the corner of the praying hall and wait for her mom and grandma to finish their talks.

"Hey, Skylar! Merry Christmas!" A girl sat next to her and Sky knew who she was. Skylar didn't bother to greet back. "Oh c'mon Skylar, it's Christmas." Kristen ran her fingers through her hair. "Likewise," Skylar said.

"Hazz" At the time, Joshua came and talked thinking that Kristen has come to hurt her again. He didn't want anyone from that gang near Hazel. "Oh look! Skylar, your Knight is here" Kristen smirked at Joshua and went back to her gang. Then Shua sat next to her. "Thanks, Josh again" She thanked him then her mom called her to go home.

"Sky let's g- oh Josh! How are you, honey?" Her mom asked seeing that Joshua was with her daughter. "I'm fine Auntie. Seems both of you are also fine" Joshua asked politely. "Yes, honey and Sky told us that she invited you for the Christmas dinner. So see you tonight." Her mom hugged him before taking Skylar's cane and holding her hand. Joshua greeted them when they were about to leave. "See ya, Josh." Sky bid goodbye.

Watching at her happiness because of him like this brings a burden to his heart, but he is also happy to be able to remember her happiness for the last period of him seeing her. Even though he knew that smile would disappear someday, he didn't want to see it happens.

In the evening Skylar was waiting for Joshua and his family in the living room. She was nervous and happy at the same time. Suddenly she heard the doorbell rung. She got up from where she was and went to the door to greet them.

Joshua, loves his mother very much and she is willing to do anything for him. When he was invited for the dinner, he told her mom about Skylar. He even told the feeling he has for her. Her mom worried about him because he was suffering alone because of his feelings. She knew that he will never give up his dreams just for a girl. But she worried because his son is sad. He's not happy about his choice. Yet Skylar didn't know anything about this and his mom know she would never stop her son from achieving his dream.

Joshua entered her house along with his mom and grandma as Skylar's mom opened the door. They saw how happy was Skylar. Her mom invited them to the living room and Joshua's mom handed her mom a gift. They went to the living room to have a chit-chat. When it was the time for dinner. They tasted Skylar's mom's delicious dinner. After dinner, they were back in the living room and Skylar's grandma showed Skylar's childhood photos to them.

"Is this Sky? Woah! So cute" Joshua's grandma said.

"If you don't mind me asking, What happened to her?" It was Joshua's mom

Silence spread Between them. Skylar was shocked by the question but she managed her feelings. Her mother sighed before to tell what happened.

"Sky wasn't born blind but was sick when she was born. It was because of an injection that was given for her sickness." Her mom sighed again feeling guilty. As they spend more hours together Joshua's family went back to their house. But didn't forget to invite them to Shua's birthday again.

Day by day the end of this year is coming. And from time to time Joshua asked Skylar to hang out cause he knew there are only a few days left for him to go to Korea. Knowing nothing about that, she was enjoying every second of their days with him, leaving a heavy burden on his mind. He knew that Skylar doesn't believe anyone easily. Sometimes he surprises why she believes him this much but at the same time, he is happy to be the only one she trusts besides her mom and grandma. But he knows that he's gonna break his heart soon. Even though apologising is not worth enough, he always apologises for himself. He can't help but leave her soon.

Finally, it's his birthday. Skylar went to his birthday party with her mom. Since her grandmother wasn't well, she stayed at home. Some of his friends had also arrived when they were going by. Although she felt embarrassed to be among them, she decided to stay at the party for him.

"Hello, Hazz! I was waiting for you" Joshua came to her and hugged her. "Happy Birthday Josh!! Here's your gift. It's not a big one but hopes you will like it. I made it." Hazel said. "It doesn't matter if it's big or not. Since you gave this, I love it." As Joshua said he was called to cut the cake. Since there were some friends Joshua and Skylar hadn't had much time to be together. But there was something in Joshua's mind that he wanted to tell her. His mind was ready to say goodbye to her. He thought very hard. At the end of the party, he asked Hazz to meet him at the park. For the last time.

The next day afternoon she went to the park and wait for him to come. It was cold but as always she loved it. She was curious about what he was going to say. He already confessed to her. So what else does he has to tell her? She was scared that something bad going on. Suddenly she felt it was a bad thing he was going to say. When she felt someone sit next to her, it didn't take her long to realize that it was him. As Skylar's thoughts went dark earlier she didn't speak. Even Joshua didn't bother to talk at first. He let a sigh out then he started to talk.

"Hazz! You know that I love you. Right?" He asked holding her hand.

"Y-yes"

"I love you so much that even you can't understand how much I love you. I only see you every time I close my eyes since the first day I saw you. I don't know what have you done to me but I'm addicted to you Hazel" He stopped as tears fell.

"Josh! Are you crying?"

"Listen Hazz! Even if it takes hundreds of years I'll find you no matter what. I don't say you to wait for me. You can find someone better than me. But I only have you. I only wait for you. I only see you. I-I only love you. Remember that." Again he stopped for a while.

"You sound like leaving me, Josh. What's going on? Tell me. You know I Lov-"

"No Hazz! Don't love me back. It hurts you. I told you. I don't want you to be hurt. Hazel, one day you will see this world and I don't know whether you'll be able to recognise me but I'll find you. No matter what happened."

"Jos-"

"I have to leave Hazz. I know apologising can't make you feel better but I'm sorry! You don't have to forgive me and don't forgive me."

"N-no please" Skylar cried so hard. Joshua couldn't watch how she cried. It hurts him. Before he stand up he put a small gift box in her hand and then he stood up to go back.

"If only the main characters of this fairytale were you and me; I'll make you my princess and we'll stay forever happy." He said without looking at her and then he left.

____________________________________________
Stay until the next snowfall