256. Buy Land (1)

The yamen of Qingyang County was located in the northeast, not quite far from Xinyuan Restaurant actually. It’d only cost one half an hour taking a carriage, under the condition that the carriage couldn’t run fast in the downtown area. The waiter of Xinyuan Restaurant knew their noble identities, so he had prepared them the best carriage, even a few times more suitable than Ling Jingxuan’s luxuriant one.

“Childe Ling, we are arrived.”

The slowly driving carriage suddenly stopped, the carter’s respectful voice came from outside, Ling Jingxuan, Ling Jingpeng and Zhao Dalong exchanged a look, then got up and jumped off the carriage one by one.

The yamen with blue bricks and black tiles looked quite new, should have been built in recent years. Right above the gate hang the two words QINGYANG YAMEN, and a huge drum for voicing grievances stood on the right side. The gate was wide open at this time, on both sides were standing the yamen runners wearing uniforms. Seeing them, they didn’t move, still holding their potion like statues. Looking quite disciplined.

“Please wait for us for a while, Mr. Carter.”

Withdrawing his eyes looking around, Ling Jingxuan felt out a few copper coins for the carter, and then moved his steps after nodding at Ling Jingpeng and Zhao Dalong respectively.

“Stop! Irrelevant people are not allowed to enter the yamen. The complainant will show the paper first.”

A yamen runner holding a knife stopped them. Ling Jingpeng and Zhao Dalong who saw came to the yamen for the first time felt unavoidably frightened, while Ling Jingxuan looked quite calm, apparently totally not putting them in his eyes. With a hand held behind, he said with a neither humble nor pushy tone, “I am not here to complain. Sir, please inform the Lord Magistrate that Doctor Ling Jingxuan who found and made the prescription against the plague in Datong Town a few months ago asks to see him.”

He hadn’t planned to reveal his doctor’s identity, but they had wasted too much time today, and it was nearly three in the afternoon, if they wasted more time here, they couldn’t make it home today.

Dear readers,We have updated the next chapter on newnovel.org . Please continue reading on our NEWNOVEL.ORG >Thanks for supporting us
“You found the plague?”

The yamen runner who stopped them reflectively opened his eyes wide, and finally he looked at him with his head down, and the other three yamen runners also looked at him curiously. When the lord knew about the breakout of the plague, he went to Datong town in the first place. And from the mouth of the shopkeeper of Ping’an Hall, they knew the prescription was from a young man. The lord was shocked and had been looking for him for the past few months. But he was like having vanished from this world. They just couldn’t find him. Never expected that today he sent himself over.

“You wait here for a moment.”

Really very young! If one said he was not suspicious at all, one must be lying. But, to them, they would think no one should have the balls to fool Lord Magistrate, right?

“Is that all right, brother? Isn’t it that you don’t want people to know you have medical skills?”

The yamen runner who stopped them went in to inform the magistrate. Ling Jingpeng gingerly looked at the rest three yamen runners, then pulled Ling Jingxuan to his side and asked in whispers, only afraid someone could hear him.

“It’s OK. Who says that someone who could make prescriptions must have medical skills?”

Turning sideways to throw him an evil grin, he had already thought about it. He would use the same method how he dealt with the shopkeeper on Lord Magistrate today. As long as he denied he knew about nothing about medical skills, what? Would he eat him? He was just using this to see him as soon as possible. As for other things, not his concern.

“I see.”

Ling Jingpeng was not stupid, and instantly understood his meaning. In an angle where the yamen runners couldn’t see, he secretly gave him his thumbs up. He was right. Only by this way could he meet the magistrate in the shortest time smoothly.

“Who is Doctor Ling?”

Soon, that yamen runner came out with a tall man wearing fine clothes who looked under thirty. That man had a square face, with his eyes anxiously sweeping over the three of them. And the yamen runner following behind paced forward and said respectively while pointing at Ling Jingxuan, “My lord, this is Doctor Ling.”

“You are Doctor Ling?”

Following the direction he was pointing at, he locked Ling Jingxuan. Magistrate Hu sized him up and down. He had already heard that he is very young, but never expected that…this young! He should be under twenty?

Well, Ling Jingxuan was slender. Before, when he was dark-skinned and thin, he looked a bit old. But now, since his skin had been nourished well, so delicate and smooth now, he looked much younger than his actual age now.

“Greetings, my lord! Your student Ling Jingxuan.”

Facing his inquiring eyes, Ling Jingxuan looked quite frank, took the initiative to make a bow. He was a tongsheng, so there was no problem he called himself his student. The most important thing is, if he could just bluff it out, he wasn’t interested in kowtowing to someone else.

“Greetings, Lord Hu.”

In contrast, Ling Jingpeng and Zhao Dalong would not dare to act like him who only made a bow, they both obediently knelt down, but…

“Save it. Save it. You don’t have to do this.”

Hu Lizhi who came to his sense hurriedly opened his mouth before they really knelt down, and then came forward and grabbed Ling Jingxuan’s arms with great excitement, “Good, good, really a promising young man. Doctor Ling, if it hadn’t been you that day, the plague should have broken out through the whole Datong town.”

After knowing the outbreak of the plague in Datong town, he was scared and instantly rushed over, only afraid it would spread. One should know, in all dynasties, once the plague broke out, what followed behind was fields littered with corpses, empty towns. If this happened during his term of office, he could never keep his title, especially here was the fief of Prince Sheng. If he knew about this, maybe his whole family’s lives would end there.