Chapter 33: Sins of the Sister

"What's wrong? Can't see us?!"

"Someone like you shouldn't live in this world!"

A group of young boys were pushing around a young girl with bandages covering her eyes. She was desperately trying to run from them, but they made a circle around her and kept throwing her back in the center whenever she tried to do so. Finally, she tried to run in one direction but ended up running into a wall and falling down. At this point, she curled up into a ball and started crying.

Why are they hurting me? The girl thought to herself, I didn't do anything wrong...so why are they being mean to me?

"Hey look, she's crying again..."

"Can she even cry with no eyes?"

The boys started pinning the girl down onto her back. Wet spots and tears ran down her bandaged eyes as she resisted.

"Hey, even though she's blind, she looks like a keeper..."

"Yeah, you're right!"

"Whores don't need to see anyway!"

The boys all started stripping the blind girl while she screamed for help. They forcefully lifted her small dress up.

"Hey! This bitch doesn't even have any underwear on!"

"That just makes this easier!"

Suddenly, all the boys felt something wrap around their necks as they were lifted into the air. Walking up the alley was a man wearing dark clothing that exuded the presence of a nobleman. From his hand extended multiple tendrils that wrapped around each individual boy's neck. The blind girl quickly hugged the wall and sat motionlessly as she was panting shakily.

"Didn't you boys learn to be a little more respectful to girls?" The man asked. His voice exuded a hint of calmness, but at the same time, a sense of danger.

The boys were all choking as they tried to break out of the tendrils holding them.

"You should learn...TO PLAY NICE!" The man suddenly threw all the boys down the alley. They all stood up groaning and ran away.

"You're a dead man now, you know that?!"

The man made an intimidating move toward the boy and he ended up tripping as he ran away. He then went over to the crying girl.

"Are you alright?" He asked.

"Don't hurt me!" The girl shouted reactively.

"It's alright, I'm not going to hurt you." The man started petting the girl's head. She flinched at his touch but calmed down when she wasn't being hurt.

"Are you hungry?" The man guided the girl's hand until she felt something soft. She grabbed it and smelled it; it smelled sweet. She took a small bite of it; it was sweet. She then quickly ate the food she was given.

"Would you like another one?" the man asked, giving another cinnamon roll to the girl. She quickly took it and started scarfing it down. She cried tears of joy upon tasting something so sweet twice.

"Now, why were those mean boys hurting you?" The man asked as he sat next to the girl.

The girl started sobbing again, "Th-they make fun of me because I *hic* can't see..."

"That's it?" The man asked, "You didn't do anything bad, did you?"

"No! I've never hurt anyone, I've never been mean to anyone, but...*sob* but they always hurt me..."

The man started petting the girl's head and she flinched again but calmed down immediately.

"Well, I'm not going to hurt you, and I won't let anyone else hurt you again." The man said sweetly.