Prologue

Hello lovelies, this is the prologue before we actually jump into the book! This book might be a bit more serious, so if you're not interested in that, feel free to go ahead and stop reading. I hope that this book will make you feel many emotions throughout reading it; if not, I obviously haven't achieved my goal as a writer. 

I love you all, and thank you so much for giving my book a chance! I hope you enjoy it! <3

-Hannah 

____________________________________________________________

I've always been drawn to broken things, not because they are broken, but because they could be fixed. Ever since I was a little girl, I would go around trying to find things that were left behind, things that people considered 'unfixable.' I would then take those things, those broken pieces of 'junk,' and make new things out of them. 

For example, when I was about 15 years old, I found a broken ceramic vase that was too beautiful to throw away. It was then that I decided that I needed to find some way to fix it. I looked up numerous methods online when I came across kintsugi. Kintsugi is a Japanese technique used to repair broken ceramics with lacquer dusted or mixed with powdered gold, silver, or platinum. I was really drawn to this because it was built on the idea that by welcoming the flaws and imperfections of the piece, I could make an even stronger, more beautiful piece of art. So, I ordered a kintsugi kit and fixed the vase. 

After that day, I continued repairing broken ceramic pieces. I found this method oddly beautiful, the process of bringing new life to pottery, making it even more beautiful than it once was by repairing its scars. I even made a business out of it; people started commissioning me to fix pieces that they valued. I also began selling some that I made just for fun. 

In a world where everyone seems to value perfection, this art is a nice reminder for those who feel as if they are broken. Kintsugi shows you that your broken pieces make you stronger and better than ever before. When you feel broken and beaten down, you can pick up the pieces, put them back together, and learn to embrace the cracks. 

I tried to help him embrace his cracks; I really did. However, some people are just too broken to fix...