Friends?

Hello, lovelies! School is making it really hard to upload at the moment, as well as a bit of writer's block. Hopefully, that'll pass soon, and everything will get back on track as quickly as possible! Thank you so much for reading my story, and I hope you like it! Please comment and like! I would appreciate it! 

Thank you <3

-Hannah 

____________________________________________________________

We both watched as Drystan hurriedly ran into the house. Eva came out after he had run inside, looking extremely confused. I guess she was oblivious to everything that had just happened. I looked over to Lukas, who was watching his friend with a worried expression. I pulled myself out of the pool and was about to make my way into the house to find Drystan; however, Lukas stopped me before I could. 

"You should leave him alone for now." He told me with a sullen look on his face. I was confused as to why Lukas was upset now, too; was it because I made Drystan angry? No matter what Lukas said, I needed to apologize as quickly as possible. 

I pulled my arm out of his loose grip and ran into the house to look for Drystan. I looked everywhere; the guilt was slowly eating at me. I was about to give up my search when I heard heavy breathing. I followed the sound, running as quickly as possible. I found the root of the sound coming from the closet under the stairwell. I pulled the door open to find Drystan; the sight was heartbreaking. He clutched his chest, trying to catch his breath with tears streaming down his face. I got on my knees before him and grabbed onto his shoulders. 

"Drystan, look at me," I started, trying to pull his attention away from what was causing this. "You need to breathe." I looked into his eyes; they were no longer that beautiful silvery grey color. His eyes now looked as dark as storm clouds. His breathing was beginning to slow down, but he was still struggling. 

"Come one, Drystan, in, out," I breathed, "In, out." His shoulders drooped, no longer feeling tense. His breathing was much more steady, and he was no longer crying. I pulled him into my arms, hugging him. Even if I don't know what he is going through, I can at least comfort him in his time of need. I felt horrible; I had no idea that a prank could cause so much damage. I let go of him and sat at his side. 

"I'm really sorry, by the way. I didn't mean to upset you." I told him, feeling incredibly guilty. He might've thrown me into the pool, but I didn't have to take it that far. 

"No, this wasn't your fault." He told me, staring at the door in front of him. 

"Do you wanna talk about it?" I asked softly, not wanting to push him.

"Not yet, but maybe someday," Drystan replied, smiling softly at me. We sat in a comfortable silence for a few minutes before he decided to speak up again. 

"So, does this mean we've called a truce?" He questioned while chuckling lightly. I looked up at him and tried to keep from grinning. I pretended to think about it and then responded. 

"I suppose, as long as you promise to keep the attitude in check," I replied, smirking at him. He playfully rolled his eyes and then smiled genuinely back at me. 

"I might be able to do that." He stated, continuing to smile down at me. I could finally see some of the brightness that was initially there return to his eyes. 

"Friends?" I questioned, hopeful that he would say yes. It would be nice for us to get along, especially since he was Lukas' friend. 

"I suppose, as long as you promise to keep the attitude in check," he copied my previous statement, smirking. We both burst out laughing, holding onto each other for support. Suddenly, the closet door opened, revealing a stunned pair of siblings.  

"What is going on here?" Eva asked, looking at us as if we had gone insane. Drystan and I tried to collect ourselves; however, once I had caught a glimpse of Eva's face, I started giggling again. Drystan, too, joined in on the hysterics, and soon we were all laughing. Lukas was the only one who was able to come to his senses enough to calm everyone down. 

"Ok, ok, so, what happened?" He interrogated. Eva, who was clutching her sides from laughing too much, now had her hands on her hips and looked at us expectantly. I watched Drystan, wondering whether or not he would want me to tell them about what had happened. He opened his mouth as if he was about to talk but quickly shut it, so I decided to speak up. 

"Nothing, we just decided it was time to put our differences behind us," I told them. I met Dristan's gaze, and he seemed thankful I didn't tell them about his breakdown. I didn't know then, but this truly meant a lot to him. Drystan hated sympathy more than anything, and he once told me how grateful he was that I never felt sorry for him, that I treated him as if he were normal. 

"Ok..." Eva drew out, not seeming to believe me. I knew she would bug me about this later, but she decided to drop it for now. We all left the vicinity of the closet and went back to cleaning. I couldn't help but let my mind wander back to Drystan. Was he ok? Why did he freak out? Was there anything I could do to help? I looked over at him from where I was currently sweeping. His eyes were still red and puffy, glassy from the tears that were there a few minutes ago. Eva nudged my shoulder, knocking me out of my thoughts. 

"He's ok, don't worry." She said, smiling sadly. I wondered how she knew that, but I wasn't going to ask. She obviously knew more than she was letting on. I just smiled back at her and nodded my head, before looking back over at Drystan. 

"I know."