02|Wedding jitters

MARRIAGE REGISTRATION OFFICERegister: Mr

Register: Mr.Nayan Pandey
(Appointed by the government of AP)

Standing outside of a register office, Sangeetha read the board that was hanging on the top of entry gates made of metal. She started contemplating her decision, but there was no other choice for her either. Never in her life, she thought she would succumb into a sham like marriage. But her fate always surprised her, leading her into ways she was oblivion to.

Clad in a white saree, she stood watching the board for half an hour, as if her legs were rooted to the ground she was standing on. The reasons that led her there, started playing in her head like an unstoppable and unbearable music playlist, turning her more determined to step further.

Sangeetha never gave a heed to the thought of marriage. As per her, marriage is for two people who don't know how to stand alone, how to love themselves, and how to survive without fear. And according to her, there is no hope in love and marriage, hence as equal as death.

The ultimate struggle of human life is hope. The hope to be happy, to succeed and to escape grief. While death is the opposite of it, death means no hope hence peace, that comes after it.

And when a person dies, they will be wrapped in a plain white cloth and sent to the burial ground for cremation. That is how unknowingly Sangeetha's white saree signified her no hope in marriage.

A little pep talk on how much that marriage was important for her, her legs moved towards the office. Entering inside the office building, which had damped walls and musky paintings, She searched for the person she would marry. But she couldn't find his presence anywhere near her.

She couldn't find her aunt, Krishna kumari too, the only one whom she invited as a legal witness and moral support for her. She started doubting, whether she was earlier or maybe it was a wrong day. Setting those dubious thoughts aside, she called her fiancé on the phone, only to receive the busy tone from his side. She made another call to her Krishna aunty, who informed her that she was on her way and would reach the office in the next fifteen minutes.

Having nothing to do, Sangeetha found a comfortable place to sit, an old wooden bench lying right before the main office door. She sat there, immersed in her own thoughts. Suddenly someone patted on her shoulders from back, making her head turn backwards.

🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁

On the other side, standing outside of the same register office, Abhijith was thinking of ways to escape that self murderous thing called marriage. The marriage that was planned and set up by his friends, Rishi and Mamatha. Though Abhijith never wanted a marriage for him, he was blackmailed and forced to marry by his own friends. Together they threatened Abhijith that they would leave him and his firm until he agrees to marriage. And that is how they successfully coerced him into marriage at last.