09|The consequence

Abhi was standing in front of the locked door, holding the metal grip with his jaw clenched and hands turning pale

Abhi was standing in front of the locked door, holding the metal grip with his jaw clenched and hands turning pale. Ten minutes passed, but he was still standing in the same way like a frozen mountain. Slowly and gradually, Sangeetha lost her patience with his antics.

"Do you have any genie in your house?" Sangeetha asked him, annoyance evident in her voice, folding her hands on chest.

"What?" Her question confirmed Abhi that the woman standing in front of him was definitely a mad one. Else, what kind of a person would believe in a genie in their late twenties, he thought.

"Then why are you looking at all the corners of your house instead of opening the door?" Sangeetha yelled at him, implying how foolishly he was behaving for the past ten minutes.

"Ahem.," Abhi cleared his voice, fixing his composure and said "Sangeetha, all the rooms are locked., umm except my bedroom"

"Locked? Great! I know, I know, all men are the same. In the end, you all want the same thing. Women are just sex toys for you men." Sangeetha yelled rhetorically, tiredness bringing the worst out of her.

"Woah! Woah! Don't overthink, you woman. Me, sex and you are impossible. Mamatha locked all the rooms, Do you atleast remember her saying 'Surprise'. Well, this is her surprise for us" Abhi tried explaining the situation to Sangeetha. "The next time you think of me this low, watch your face in the mirror. Do guys even look at you?"

"Yeah why do guys look at a woman like me?" Sangeetha yelled hysterically at his words and said, "All men want a woman who is vulnerable in front of them yet strong before the world, the submissive one in the relationship yet the dominant one in the bed, the one who does all the chores in the house but has to praise her man for his hardwork in earning money, the one who doesn't question them back but should be answerable to the society for her man's mistakes, the one who is wheatish, tall, lean and beautiful but never look at other men, the one who should depend on them for financial support but must be independent for emotional support,  the one who will bear their anger issues but pamper them later on, and in total all they want is princess who is willing to be their servant"

She was out of breath yelling it all at his face, stressing every word, so that every damn thing would enter his thick skull. But she was not done yet and continued, "If only those things can make a man look at me, I don't need any man looking at me"

Abhi stood astound for a while, by dint of the fact that she was the first woman, in fact the first person to make his mouth shut in an argument. He didn't find any words to argue further, somewhere in his heart he knew she was right and he was not able to digest that fact.

"Congratulations Dr.Sangeetha, you've won the argument, but unfortunately we are out of awards, at this moment." Abhi's sarcasm was on point, that it successfully irked Sangeetha further.