THREE: SHIRYOKU NAGERU

I sat in class 1A's common area. Iida has just entered and sat next to me. "You look stressed." I said to him. He began explaining how much Hone was getting on his nerves. "Well it's not exactly all her fault. You are quite a bit stricter with her than anyone else." I tried to put it lightly. "I just don't want her getting hurt!" Iida tried to justify himself. I paused and processed the words he said before smiling like an idiot. "You like her, don't you?" I asked. He began blushing and looked away. "That's besides the point!" He said quickly. "That's not a no~" I cooed. This continued on for a while until Iida went to bed. I decided to step out into the woods. If only someone treated me like I know Iida will treat Hone. I sat slumped against a tree, opting to curl into a little ball and put my forehead on my knees.

"Come on, Shiryoku! Let's go to the cat café!" "Yeah!"

I started crying. Why didn't I do something? I saw it coming, so why couldn't I move? Why couldn't I save him? If I could make a deal with whatever gods are up there, I'd happily trade myself for him. I began crying harder just thinking about it. Maybe I should stay in the dorms tonight.

YOU AND ME, ALWAYS, FOREVER...

© 2022