FOUR: HONE NASHI

Detention.

Looovley.

I was sat in the classroom, waiting for who ever they decided to assign me for detention monitor to show up. It had already been ten minutes, and I was seriously considering leaving. But just in time to burst that thought bubble, Mrs. Midnight burst through the door.

"Heyyyy there kiddo! Heard we're gonna be sitting in here together for the next few weeks!" she smiled. Oh. Well at least I'll have ... fun? "So, whatcha in for?" she said, swinging her legs off the side of the desk. "Iida being a stuck up bitch ass mother-" I started, "OKAY! That's a lot of not good feelings. What exactly happened?" I explained to her the events of the previous day, with only slightly biased commentary. She seemed perplexed. "Kinda seems like he's only picking on you- OH! OH THAT LITTLE TSUNDERE!" She shouted, suddenly. "Uhm, what?" She giggled. "He likes you, dummy! That's why he's paying such close attention to you!" what. hell nah. "Mrs. Midnight, you gotta be joking. Iida? Tenya Iida? That man hates me." I replied, blatantly. She simply laughed and rolled her eyes, muttering something about oblivion.

After that endeavor, I stopped by Recovery Girl's office. To check on Nageru and to pick up my shit. Nageru turned, happy to see me. Her eyes were red and watery.

"Oh, Nags..." I mumbled, walking over to her. I hugged her tightly. "It happened again, didn't it?" She nodded. We talked for a while, before she was whisked off by Recovery Girl to do something or another. I looked at the boy in the bed. I walked over to him.

"Hey. Injured bitch."

He looked up at me.

"You help her, alright? I know you think she's alright, but she's hurting more than she lets on." He looked shocked, then nodded, and I grabbed my refill and left, after saying goodbye to Nageru, obviously.

YOU AND ME, ALWAYS, FOREVER...

© 2022