02

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚𝐋 𝐎 𝐒 𝐄 𝐑 𝐒 ˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

  i guess you could say lunch was a planned break from all the school torture. though for juliet, it seemed to be the continuation of its antics.

she continuously poked at her fruit on the food tray before her as she rested her head on the palm of her hand mindlessly feeling the music in her ears. this seemed awfully sad to most, but juliet felt comfortable just the way things where.

  a plastic fork snatched a grape from her tray causing juliet to look up with her brows knitted. across from her sat a grinning lucas as he swallowed her stolen grape.

his mouth moved up and down forming inaudible words that made the boy look like a lousy clown.

  juliet sighed removing her earbuds as lucas tilted his head doubting his vision when he didn't seem to notice them before.

"that was mine you know." she eyed him slightly.

"didn't seem like you wanted it." lucas mumbled looking around her. "how come you're sitting alone?"

"how come you chose to sit here out of all places?" juliet tilted her head, imitating his voice of curiosity.

"well, juliet." lucas leaned forward with his crossed arms on the table. "i don't seem to have anyone to sit with except a familiar face such as yours." he finished off with a smirk.

juliet rose her eyebrows motioning to all the set eyeballs on him. "i'm pretty sure more than half of the people here are just dying to get to familiar with you."

  when he didn't have a reply she watched him as he scanned the cafeteria realising the amount of attention he was drawing. it didn't seem to shock him but instead turned his face into stone and juliet immediately felt bothered by the sight.

he brought his gaze down to the empty table in front of him, the battle his thoughts were having catching juliets attention.

"lucas." she spoke defeatedly. "i suppose you can stay if you'd like."

he looked up with a small smile. "thanks juliet."

  the girl couldn't help but smile back as she decided on what she was going to say next. conversations weren't hard for juliet, she just never seemed to be having them with people besides her parents.

"you didn't get any lunch?" she commented thinking it was a strong topic to work on since lucas seemed to have nothing but a plastic fork in his possession.

"right, um. wasn't that hungry." his voice let out but his eyes said a whole different story as they avoided meeting her gaze.

"okay then." juliet wasn't going to push. "so, i was thinking we try something like fantasy with connections to real life." she said, bringing their thoughts to the common task they now shared.

lucas scrunched up his nose and mouth in distaste before running a hand though his soft locks. "fantasy? like fairies and stuff?" he questioned.

"as much as i love fairies i'd say we go with something else." juliet thought aloud checking the time that read 12:45 on her phone. "maybe we could stop by the town library after school?"