Conflicting Polarities

Screams of pure agony vibrated through the burning wasteland, everything was torn to pieces, burned, and swirled around, several golden spikes protruded from the ground in random directions, and plants shot out of the ground in random places in all directions. The sky was dark, covered with gray clouds from which practically oodles of water shot, purple thunder rumbled in the clouds, illuminating everything for a brief second with a bright flash. In the middle of it all lay a man whose clothes were torn to shreds and scraps of cloth lay on the surrounding ground. His face, his back, everything was covered with burn marks that made him look like a fusion of flesh, only a few pieces of skin had remained intact. He opened his mouth and let out another loud groan as he tried to drag himself across the floor, his left leg pointing in the wrong direction and his other arm unusually stretched out and covered with cuts and bruises. The man's long, black hair stuck to his face as if it had been glued to him. He took a deep breath or at least tried to, as he trudged through this area of pure destruction that looked as if all nine elements had been unleashed at once, the forces of heat, cold, water, earth, wind, nature, energy, darkness and light all deployed to wreak havoc and seemingly try to kill this very man."J-JIBRIIIIIIIIIIIIIL!"The man screamed, struggling to scream at all with his broken voice and lack of air. To get more air, he turned on his back and looked at the dark sky, thus deep wound on his chest came out as if a katana had pierced his skin and flesh and split his body in two. If anyone had been here, they would have seen him hold his chest and begin to hyperventilate as the raindrops hit the man's face and body, washing away the blood that clung to his skin from the many cuts all over his body."J-ji-bri-il!"He muttered once more, completely broken down from the catastrophe he must have been through. The man's crimson eyes searched all around him in panic, the fear of death beginning to overwhelm him, negative emotions flooding the man's head like a huge tidal wave, engulfing everything in its path, including the pain he was going through. The burning sensation of the water on his skin, his open wounds. All of this caused him to let out another cry of pain, and he looked to the sky as he let out all of his pain. Pain, the thing that kept him conscious at the moment, the thing that made him feel so alive when he should have been dead long ago with those injuries. The man tried to stand up, but he fell back to the ground, managed to sit up and stay upright, and looked up at the sky, the sky that was covered in dark clouds, clouds where a chaotic storm was raging. He reached out his right hand to the clouds and saw the blood running down his hand, mixing with the rain water and flowing down his arm in a gentle and warm stream, a warmth that almost gave him comfort, a sense of strength. Looking up at the sky, he noticed small holes between the clouds through which the sunlight shone brightly. The pure light emanating from the sun shone down on the man's face, giving him new hope. Purity, salvation. He can see it, he can feel it, but in order to reach his goal, in order to attain salvation, he must cross the darkness of the clouds, the cold of the rain, the painful blasts of thunder and lightning, and the chaos of his own condition on this journey. Only then will he reach his goal. His goal of destroying the gods."T-The time of magic... WILL COME TO AN END!"He shouted with newfound passion, clenching his fist as bits of blood broke off and began to glow brightly as they surrounded the man's hand, forming a powerful aura that soon gathered into a ball of blood-red energy. This energy faded almost instantly as his arm sank to the ground, and he collapsed, falling onto his back. He just lay there and watched as the storm raged on, his face expressionless as he lacked the strength to move the corners of his mouth. His eyes slowly closed as he went to rest.