Chapter 6: Break In

Alia laughed to herself, she was literally having the time of her life as the two of them walked through the alleys of the city, buildings made of fat gray stones and orange stone roofs were everywhere, and also a bunch of restaurants or even markets built of wood. Add, however, seemed to feel the exact opposite. He had both hands on the back of his head and let his elbows hang a little.
"Are you finally done?"
He grumbled. Alia was getting on his nerves indescribably right now. Alia didn't seem to care, though. She wiped a tear from her eye with laughter.
 "No! You've ruined the whole business, I'm laughing my head off- Phahahaha!"
She struggled to speak, laughing like crazy after every few words. Add just growled in annoyance and stopped. He crossed his arms and gave Alia a dirty look, could looks kill, Alia wouldn't be here anymore.
"Enough jokes! What do you want from me."
"Oh you're going to sh-"
Add already knew Alia will find another excuse, he growled angrily.
"No. Either you tell me now or I'll do it myself. I've had enough."
He interrupted her. That felt good to say. He recognized the laughter and her signature grin disappearing from her face. Shock. She certainly hadn't expected that answer. Now Alia crossed her arms too and closed her eyes. Taking a long sigh, she looked at him again.
"All right. So..."That's when Add noticed her looking past him, and she looked a little worried.
"Not good... Guards, come with me."
Add turned around and there really were guards, they weren't noticed yet as they were questioning any civilians. He recognized black lightning marks on their golden armors. They were the very same ones who had captured him. His heart almost stopped when one of the civilians pointed in his direction and the guards turned to him.
"Annoying blabbermouth..."
Add cursed him softly as he let out an angry growl, but that was when he was pulled into an alley by Alia. He was about to say something, but she placed her right index finger on his lips.
"Shhhh. Keep it down."
She hissed as understandably as she could without being too loud. By then they could hear the clatter of the guards' golden armor slowly approaching. Their voices were already audible.
"I could swear I saw him somewhere!"
 "Check the alleys, maybe they are hiding there."
Add looked around, but a dead end, upstairs didn't seem to be an option either, he was just about to ask Alia if she could turn back into lightning when she grabbed him by his top and brutally pushed him against the wall. She literally gave him no reaction time, Add clenched his left fist and was about to punch her.
"Play along!"
Then she used her left hand to pull her black hood over her head and grabbed Add by the neck. He looked at her in shock as he felt an iron grip around his throat. How was Alia suddenly so strong? She covered the view of Add's face with her head.
"Give me your money!"
£She shouted at him, Add noticed how she lowered her voice on purpose.
"How animal these homeless people..."
Murmured the guard, disgusted by the spectacle of the two.
"Nobody, just two arms fighting. Not our problem."
Alia dared a look, and it had worked! The guards hadn't noticed her. Add rubbed his throat with a pained look, staring at holes in the air. Alia grinned at him and held her hip with her left hand. "Too much at once?"
She asked a little worried, but Add didn't answer, he was lost in another world. He was completely shocked by how strong Alia is. She noticed that too, which is why she snapped the fingers of her right hand in front of his face. Add was released from his shock state. But he did not know how to react. He just looked at Alia reactionless for a few seconds.
"And you couldn't have just used that lightning ability?"
He asked her, but he didn't sound angry, more confused. He had expected everything but this. Alia shook her head.
"No, too flashy, and we have to follow them anyway. They'll take us straight to Harim's office..."
She said confidently, but her grin slowly disappeared.
"I hope so, anyway..."
She whispered.
"I have a feeling that's just an excuse..."
He said as the duo set off to follow the guards. Add seemed to hate this day more and more.A long way behind them, the two saw the soldiers retreat into a large building, while the two waited their chance on the roof of a house, Add looked around. He could barely make out anything, however, as the sun had recently hidden behind the horizon and the veil of night settled over the city.
"What are we waiting for?"
He asked after some time of waiting, Alia said nothing and just pointed to a window, there sat Harim, his face buried in his hands and seemed stressed. Suddenly he saw him jump up and with a swing drop everything on his desk to the floor, the windows didn't let him hear anything from that distance but it was pretty clear that it was him and Alia. Add pondered what that would be like as the guardian of an entire country. That's when Alia snapped him back to reality.
"While it is sweet that you think so intensively, but please stay in the present."
Add just looked at her annoyed however nodded at her, she made a gesture to the window. He looked back into Harim's office, seeing him leave the room. Alia grabbed him by the shoulder and made him stand up.
"Get ready, once we get there you have to hold on."
"Wait wa-"
That's when Alia turned into a purple flash and made Add do the same as the two touched, a strange but not alien feeling came to Add slowly, it was the same one he felt where she first met him and the two fled. But much faster his vision returned. To his surprise, he found himself right in front of Harim's window, and right in the air. Fortunately, he grabbed a small, stone ledge with both hands. The force of his fall was suddenly stopped, which he felt strongly in his fingers. He saw only his feet, clad in white boots, dangling downward. He pressed his feet against the stone wall and used this as extra support as he pulled himself over the ledge into the room. It wasn't until he stepped inside that he noticed the glass was missing, he turned around and there was Alia sitting on Harim's table with her legs crossed. She seemed to be twiddling something with her finger as she gave Add a grin that was unfortunately familiar to him. He was about to ask her about how they got the disc off so quickly, had then he saw exactly what she was playing around with. HIS LOST AMULET! Alia gave a slight giggle.
"You know... A magic stabilizer like that's rare."
"A what?"
Alia almost saw this coming.
 "Right... Well. It looks like our Grand Knight won't be back anytime soon, so I guess it won't hurt to tell you about magic."
Add nodded.
"Well, tell me about it."
He said as he crossed his arms.
"As you know, there are nine forms of magic.... Heat, Cold, Water, Air, Earth, Nature, Light, Darkness, and last but not least, my element, Energy! In my opinion, the very best, so good tha-"
"Get to the point."
He interrupted her before they got onto ANY other topic. Alia nodded with a sad expression and slumped her shoulders.
"Oh well..."
"All forms have different styles that form with the environment and the personality of the mages. Now, some of these styles are harmful or produce too much power, which is why you lose control. This stone helps against such things because they absorb the magic."She explained with a smile as she threw the amulet in his direction. Add caught it with both hands and wrapped it around his wrist.
 "Oh well..."
He spoke, looking at his amulet. Why did Add have this on him? He couldn't remember at all. Add gave a growl and clenched his hands into fists, once this is over he will continue to search for the truth about his family.
"You know what fascinates me about you though?"
Alia threw Add out of his thoughts once again, if this keeps up it's going to be some kind of ritual between them soon. He gave her a curious look. No words were necessary.
"I've seen you use rainbow magic, the mixing of all elements can usually only be used by the first angel and the current one, Jibril..."
"What is your secret? No one in Mirum has nine elements!"
"Mirum, what is that now?"Asked Add, puzzled."That's right, not geography. Mirum is the name of this world. The fact that you don't know this is a bit surprising to me."
Add just shrugged his shoulders.
"I have no secret, the reason is strange to me. Now let's go get your spear thing, or whatever."
"The Spear of the Thousand Storms, a former warrior who had attained the power of a god wielded this spear for Alharih. It is said that the spear has the power of the Tornado Style in it, and the power of the former warrior..."
"Oh yeah... But that doesn't interest me now, we better hurry up!"
Commented Add, magic stabilizer, extreme power. It seems she wants his amulet to be able to wield the spear. Alia now stood up and wanted to go through the door, but a golden knight stood. For a few seconds, there was a strange silence, then the knight wanted to say something, but Alia pressed her right index finger to his lips.
"Shhhh!"
That's when the knight toppled over, unconscious. Add just watched in stunned amazement.
"What did you do?"
He asked, at which Alia turned her head in Add's direction.
"Electroshock through my finger."
She replied with a wink before strutting elegantly down the halls. Add just followed her, his posture much more casual and lacking much in the way of elegance and style. He buried his hands in his pockets and looked all around. Surprisingly empty except for the one knight Alia got rid of though. Alia then stopped suddenly, however, when she seemed to spot something through the glass of a door. Add looked through the glass and recognized a blade standing on a pedestal.
"That's it."
"It doesn't look like a spear."
£"Are you doubting my knowledge? If I were you, I wouldn't do that, now follow me."
Alia swung the door wide open and just ran inside, Add followed her but something seemed fishy. After all, if something is so powerful, they wouldn't leave it unprotected. When they both arrived in the middle of the room in front of the blade, Add was able to get a better look. The blade was very fine and had the symbol of a tornado engraved into the metal on both sides, a small piece of metal poking out of the bottom of the blade making it seem like a knife, and from the looks of it, it is held like one as well. Suddenly blue sigils that Add had never seen before lit up, they formed a circle around Add, Alia, and the spear. Add wanted to rush out, he had expected something like this, it couldn't be that simple after all. But he crashed into a blue wall. The seals had imprisoned them in a blue cube. He fell to the floor and his amulet slid across the brown wooden floor. Voices echoed through the corridors.
"The trap worked! Quick!"
Sounded a man's voice from not so far away. Alia just chuckled as Add brought himself back to his feet. He glanced at his amulet, but before he could even run towards it, Alia grabbed it with a sinister giggle, he realized something was different. He held out his hand and gave Alia an angry look.
"Give it back!"
Alia just looked at him laughing as she tied the amulet's golden chain around her neck and her eyes began to glow purple as he had feared, she had the blade in her hand as purple lightning crackled around her like crazy.
"Why should I listen to you? I carry the power of a god!"
She shouted with a crazed laugh. Add just growled, he was ice coldly manipulated by her, he clenched his hands into fists and jumped towards her, but a bolt of lightning that shot from her blade hit him right in the chest, the energy destroyed the field and he crashed into a wall, purple lightning spread throughout his body and formed shackles on his wrists and ankles that held him to the wall. Alia gave him another grin, but this one was much more devilish and sadistic, she seemed to notice Add's angry behavior, where she placed her left hand on his right cheek.
"Aww, pointy ear. I told you from the beginning not to trust me. But the fact that you find me so charming flatters me. Really it does a lot."
She provoked him with an even bigger grin."Now be a good boy and do your time, and I can escape and pursue my goals. This world is more brutal than you think."
She continued. Then she gave him a kiss on the right cheek and turned away, stopping one last time and turning to face him. Suddenly a powerful electric shock went through her whole body. Alia cried out and bent over backward, her fingers clearing and her eyes widening."I can't hold this gun for long..."She muttered to herself as the pain passed. She had to get out of there quickly herself now and gather her strength before she could use the weapon. She waved provocatively at Add and grinned at him one last time.
"Hanging out with you was fun, but this is the last time you'll see me. Bye, sweetie!"
She waved seductively at him, at which point she became a bolt of purple energy and shot through the roof and disappeared from Add's view, he just looked to the ground. He had failed ridiculously and was too weak. His anger towards Alia and disappointment in himself for being such a joke mixed into an emotional cry that would send chills down the spine of even the most fearless of fighters.
"I WILL HAVE MY REVENGE! DO YOU HEAR ME?! GRAAAH! ALIAAAAA!"
"We don't have ear damage. You don't have to shout."
Commented Harim, he had both hands on his hips and at first, only saw Add and his purple shackles. He seemed rather calm at first as if this was something that didn't take his time until he got to the platform where the blade of the spear actually rested. His eyes widened. The Grand Knight gave Add a furious look and held the hilt of his sword, which was docked on the left side of his hip.
"I'll make sure you never get free again."
Hissed the Grand Knight, he drew his sword and extended it in Add's direction as a wave of heat hit him, causing his electric restraints to explode. He fell to the ground but, before he could get up, Harim held the sword under his chin.
"I'd rather be wise with my next moves if I were you. It's best if you just cooperate."
Add said nothing, just looked at Harim with an angry glare as both eyes met.