Teen Love

Summary: Logan finally agrees to the date with Remus Sharsack, and everything settles into Roman's mind with how head-over-heels he is for Virgil.

Back to the Prinxiety again! The previous chapters just gave better context to the future Intrulogical date.

It was the weekend, Logan had been sleeping round Roman and Virgil's house for a week. It was the last weekend Logan was spending in his friends' house and he was using it to entertain Nathan – of course. Nathan had just bought a soccer ball and was insistent on a match. Roman was sat on the patio and watching the pair play, supplying water and juice when the players needed it.

Logan had also been sitting on the idea of asking Remus Sharsack out on a date for this entire week. And honestly he had no reason why he would refuse. It would be a different life, that would be sure, since at the moment he lived in a one-bedroom apartment in the city. But if he'd start a romantic relationship with a family in the future he wouldn't want to do it in the city. He'd probably move out to an environment like Roman and Virgil lived in, where there were houses around every corner overlooking each other's lives and everything was so small and content. He wouldn't mind a more peaceful life like this one.

"I have no idea how you keep up with that energy ball, Nerdface." Roman laughed as he poured orange juice into a cup for his friend. Nathan was running a marathon around the garden scoring goals.

"He gets the energy from you." Logan laughed back, lifting his chin and gulping the juice like a vodka shot, his Adam's apple jumping and falling rhythmically. "And he's sweet, no wonder Patton thinks you're having a second."

Roman playfully scowled and rolled his eyes, keeping his gaze on Nathan to check his hydration levels. "He looks like a little Virgil doesn't he?" Roman whispered under his breath but still loud enough to be heard, a slight breathlessness to his voice as he said Virgil's name. It was the kind of breathlessness that only came with severe adoration or love.

"Are you attracted to Virgil?"

The question was sudden and unexpected, and it made Roman blush and stutter an answer. Instead of trying to answer straight away he called Nathan over for a drink – probably thinking the five-year-old would save him from having to confront his emotions. The five year old was more concerned with getting all the energy out and ran away as soon as he finished his pint of water. But after dating Roman for two years and being friends with him a lot longer, Logan knew that luckily the theatre teacher was a very honest person when he was pushed to be. "Um... Yeah. I had aesthetic attraction in high school and a little bit of middle school, but now I've seen him fully transition his confidence is so effing attractive." Roman kept his voice quiet but he was tearing at the seams, a hand in his hair and a goofy smile on his face. "Why, did he say anything to you?" That look of hope and excitement, like a golden retriever, made Logan laugh but he shook his head. "Oh... Well yeah, I do find him attractive."

"So you found Virgil attractive even when dating me? You two were destined after all." The joke only resulted in rolled eyes from Roman. Of course, there was nothing wrong with window shopping when in a relationship – only purchasing without permission was off-limits.

"I'm sure you found some people attractive while we were dating Lo, you literally went to a school that was a pride event the entire year." Logan's eyes immediately flashed back to Remus Sharsack. He came to pretty much every date Logan had with Roman, and he was already a safe distance but not too much to be out of mind. That would be bad enough for Logan, who just wanted some time with his first ever boyfriend, but it didn't help that Remus was very aesthetically pleasing too. The pair were like twins in their behaviour and mannerisms but Remus was more confident-seeming, with a gaze that was perfect to be trapped in if they met eyes. And they accidentally met eyes a lot.

Luckily Logan was released for his thoughts when he heard the patio chair scrape against the floor and a shout from the other member of the household. "Oh, goal! You're a good soccer player Nate – maybe you'll be like Dad in high school?" Virgil had come into the garden with energy ready to socialise, wiping the drying paint off his apron as he sat. "Thanks for getting that ball for him Lo. He'll be begging to play soccer for the rest of the week now."

Logan smiled softly at his college friend. "It's no issue. Getting Nathan distracted seems to help you two function like adults." Roman's eyes followed Virgil as he sat, he tried to look nonchalant as he looked but he was quite obviously staring. Those moments were usual for the normal, adult Roman and Virgil – now though it seemed to be the beginnings of teen love.

These two had the right to teen love. It would be overly mean to deny them that luxury. Even Logan had it with Roman! There was a certain freeing emotion that came with teen love that was impossible to replicate in adulthood with a adventurous five year old. Nathan also deserved to have his normal parents too.

"Is that Remus Sharsack date still... a thing?" Now Logan felt like a teen again, as nervous as he was when Roman asked him on a date as a teenager. He hadn't entered the world of romance since Roman anyway. Roman's eyes widened for a second and he smirked.

"Only if you're comfortable for it to be." Virgil interrupted, but he also began smiling too when he saw Logan nervously fiddling with his fingers and looking down. "Shall we give you his number so you can organise something with him?" Janus gave the men Remus' number when they all made this deal, and surprisingly Logan swallowed his nerves and agreed. The three chatted together about what exactly to text – but soon it was done.

****

After dinner Roman took Nathan to bed, trying to pretend like he wasn't jumping for joy on the inside. As soon as Nathan was asleep Roman ran downstairs again to share in his joy. Virgil was cleaning the plates in the kitchen, an earphone in, with the moonlight lighting one side of his face across his jawbone. Roman definitely would miss seeing moments where Virgil was absolutely beautiful like this one. "Did Nate sleep alright?" Virgil mumbled as he waved some soap off his fingers. Roman walked closer and leaning nonchalantly beside the moonlight.

"Mhm, he always likes his Dad's stories." Roman laughed and Virgil playfully scowled, knowing that in all truth Roman took the bedtime as extra play-pretend time since he'd done that previously. "I can't believe we're going to be teenagers again soon."

"Hopefully." Virgil breathed out and kept the silence of the clanked of plates and squeak of dish soap. His eyes flicked between his tasks and the silence made the lack of eye contact excruciating. Roman definitely needed to confess his crush when the pair are teens again. "I'm going to miss this though."

What was Virgil going to miss? Being cisgender-passing, being a parent, or being with Roman? What if Virgil had fallen in love with Roman too? That would make confessing so much easier, maybe he should even confess right now in this moment and then the rest of the pair's time here could be spent in pure domestic and romantic bliss. "What are you going to miss?" All Roman had to do was calm his heart rate and relax his mind again and he could pull asking his future husband to be his boyfriend!

"I dunno. I guess just being grown-up, I love Nathan too, it's nice having someone look up to me." Virgil's voice was so gentle whenever he talked about Nathan, so attractive... OK, Roman has to calm down before he just grabs Virgil and kisses him. "You're a great friend to just have around too, if you'd have asked me before this whole experience what you'd be like as a bed-mate I'd have said you were hell reincarnated."

Virgil laughed and grabbed the drying towel, Roman laughed along too with his expert acting skills. Of course, Virgil wouldn't like Roman back. "I've got to take an early night for school tomorrow." Roman said, trying to keep the energy in his voice. He really wanted to reach out and just clutch Virgil's slightly wet hand but he settled for an upper-arm punch instead. "See you later."

The dish-washer looked nonchalant at the small contact and gave a small smile. "Sleep well."