Soulless - Half review

I've read a good chunk of your story. I'll be back with more very soon. I'm a very fast reader. Here's what I think. 

Title/Cover: 3/5

Blurb: 4/5

Characters: 8/10

Plot: 6/10

Writing style: 7/10

Total: 30/40

That title sure does pull me in. Who is Soulless? Is it the villain? What does it mean that they're soulless? Is it literal or metaphorical? Great questions you get from the title. 👍🏻

The cover needs some improving though. Maybe if you made the hands in the centre larger, I'd be more intrigued. Is that supposed to represent the character 'collecting' a part of his soul?

The descriptions in this book were lovely. You're good at creating an image of characters. And their emotions are also displayed really well. I didn't like reading about the 'friendship' between the two male leads. The way they keep insulting eachother was not fun to read. Even though I understand why they were doing, it was still annoying.

What I do like about the characters is their motivations and as I've said before the way you write their emotions is very good. What they're feeling is important cause that's what drives them to do what they do next. 

There's a world-building aspect that didn't make a lot of sense to me. The fact that vampires - you know blood-drinkers! - are respected more than witches. People who could make good soldiers/bodyguards are valued less than people who suck blood. That's a little iffy.

Your style of writing is practically perfect. You can just about see everything that's going on. I couldn't wait for the soul collecting journey to start (I didn't like being at the ball with the Virgin queen.) 

... ...

Some good quotes:

"It's blue Feno... the piece that is the strongest is his sadness."

"Many of the myths are so ridiculous it makes me wonder how humans have survived this long without much intelligence."