Aftermath: Life Debt

This book was written by -xaurora

Title/cover: 3p

Blurb: 2p

Characters: 8p

Plot: 7p

Writing style: 6p

Total: 26/40p

The cover art is pretty good and I enjoy the font quite a bit too. The title gives very little away and is decent, though not really captivating enough to grab the attention of a prospective reader. However, it does fit in with the story and I can understand its usage.

The plot and characters is another thing that needs to be mentioned. I understand that the overall plot is just starting out, from what I've read so far, it's quite simple. But from a fanfiction standpoint, its above average. It tells a relatively self-contained story and I can confidently guess the backstory and happenings in the show (Which I sadly haven't watched) Your writing style is also quite simple however it gets the job done. I can understand what is going on, however at points it did get a little clustered. As to the content of the actual plot, I enjoyed reading it; It was rather interesting.

The thing that I enjoyed the most are the characters and the way you've written them. They are all written creatively and are very fun. Their dynamics are shown immediately and it is what carries the story. Their constant bickering is weirdly endearing, and I also like that Hunter gets an addiction, it was an interesting choice and one that was quite unique as it had a narrative purpose. As a stand-alone tale, it works well.

And a quote that I seem stupid to have never thought about is when Tech comments on wrecker's fear of heights:

"No one has a fear of heights, only a fear of falling."

I don't know why but I never thought of it that way. Regardless it was quite memorable.