Shohora: Between the two

This book was written by dontknow_u

Title/Cover: 4

Blurb: 4

Character: 8

Plot: 8

Writing Style: 6

Total: 30/40

The title is a clever choice, a ship name for ML/FL. Although the cover is personal and original, too many images can make it look too cluttered.

The blurb introduces the main characters and what to look forward to in the story, but it is too general.

There are many characters involved in the story. The author spent a lot of time researching the meanings of their names. Unfortunately, although they are individually introduced, the information is too general, just focused on physical look. We don't get to know their temperaments, hobbies, values or aspirations etc.

The plot used is a typical day to day narration, with some flashback. The flow is sometimes choppy and confusing, especially as coming from many points of view.

The writing style is like writing a script, told in anime-style with lots of dialogues but lacking in descriptions and depth of emotions. The drawings are artfully done though.

It is light and readable, with elements of funny, angst, teenage problems and mood swings, family, friendship, love interest ~ following the daily lives of several high school students.

I must confess that it is not easy to give a better review as it is not written in the typical book/novel format. However, with the changes of reading habits in youth these days, this type of shorter chapters, immediate, almost diary-like narratives, seems to become very popular.

Overall, the author has done quite a good job. Who knows teens better than a teen knowing teens, right? We have been told to write what we know. With a little editing, it can go a long way.

Best wishes and keep on writing.

Favourite quote:

But I asked Mayuki why do some people hate me. He then said, "Because that's who they are. They're just going to hate on other people even if you did nothing wrong. What matters is who you are. Are you going to accept what they say? Are you going to do what they say? No, you shouldn't. Just be you, that's all." He ended that with a smile.