Just colleagues (Pala x Mala)

Request by @febrianagacha can't think of a better name though. Hope you like it. I'll open request any time. Also just a reminder, I'm taking a hiatus starting August 22. Sorry guys but i might get back Christmas breaks, Hope you understand. Enjoy this chapter!

Modern Au

Pala walked in the hall of their university campus. Getting to switch his books to chemistry, heading to the faculty room. He just thought the students of Class A Biology, and boy it took the students to put their lunch and stomach intact together, after that disgusting and horrible experiments of frog anatomy. One of the students vomited in the sink because they had to open the organs and all the other stuff the students don't even dare thinking about. Pala got to the faculty room and head to his desk, switching his anatomy books to chemistry, his favorite subject since highschool. Beside of the books displayed to his desk, there was a mug beside. Laying beside said, "#1 Prof." he smiled at the mug, that a special someone gave to him. He got his books and head to the classroom of Class D, he looked at the wall clock, 2:27, HOLY MATERION! He'll be late, the classroom's destination will took 10 minutes by foot to get their! He needs to hurry or the students might cause chaos! especially those students among them pranking him (guess the bonus everyone). He then panicked and ran for his life. 

*Crash*

The impala bumped to something, or someone. All the things he need are a mess, he has to pick them up, but he couldn't find his glasses, the old professor touching the floor like a fly touching his food. Mutters fill his mouth, worried ones, He then found his glasses and put them on, his vision turned clear, and he saw the burden in front of him. It was Mala, one of his fellow colleague, he's searching his glasses as well. Pala noticed and picked up the rest of his materials and found Mala's glasses , he then gave it to him. Mala reaching for it, he noticed Pala as well.

"Oh uh hey..." Mala said stuttering.

"Hey Mala sorry for bumping to you I'm in a hurry I'm late for my shift" Pala apologized.

"No, no it's ok I'm actually in a flash to," Mala replied.

They then looked at their watches, "OH Nuts!!!----" They both shrieked,2: 32, already? 

"Oh no! Sorry Mala, better get going!!!" Pala rushed. "SEE YOU SOOOOOONNN!!!" Pala shouted back. "O-ok, bye?" Mala waved slightly, he blush a little, still waiting for some time to talk to him, a real conversation he is assuming. This university is really busy, and the faculties are moving like ants. Mala then had his ears up. Oh right! he thunk he almost even forgot his class for Class A, Linguistics, heading to the Faculty room getting his stuff then rushed to his respective classroom. 

------------------

Pala got to the classroom literally 15 minutes late, he then went inside and a splash of water poured his head, sending him shivers, He then looked to the right side and almost the whole class laughing, some of the others sighing, rolling their eyes and minding their own business. "Yeah yeah, i'm a little late today class, get your chemistry book, open to chapter 29, page----" Pala stopped and looked to the book he's holding, geometry!?!?!? "Oh uh hehehe---- class before turning to chapter 29, get the materials we need first i told you in our last session, I'LL BE RIGHT BACK!!!" Pala rushed to the last phrase and ran to the classroom of Class A lucky for 4 minutes on walk, he must've switched his book to Mala's when they crashed each other. Speaking of Mala he's been his classmate since junior high when they first met, that same lab and that same coat he's wearing till now. They've been lab partners for their whole junior school year, until they part schools, And until now they still recognize each faces, now with wrinkles covering their faces, due to stress and lack of sleep. The 38 year old impala slowing down, catching his breath, leaning to his knees for air, he then knocked to the doors. Mala heard the noise in the middle of his lectures, Old Latin. He got to the door shifting his feet. "If you need anything head to the faculty the----" Mala got cut off Pala in front of him, Pala is panting like a mad dog. "We---- I---- need -----book---------switched------you----" Pala said raising the tip of his fingers, still not changing his position. "Hey slow down you'll might hyper ventilate." Mala reminded Pala. Pala took deep breathes, his lungs relaxed. "Mala our books got switched when we crashed, tell me what is the password of your locker room." "What no no no, you'll tire yourself out!" Mala said waving his hands in denial also blushing in the word, locker room. "Here I'll get something." Pala saw Mala heading to the desk and fiddles books to the space in it. He got out the classroom and give something to Pala he then noticed the book. Adjusting his glasses, "Hey is that our----" Pala noticed, their chemistry book when they're about the same age as the students, old and yellow now, the cover of the book looking torn off. "I kept this as memory you know high school years." Mala rubbing his neck. "I expected it to be readable though." Mala rubbed his neck. "It's perfect Mala! Thanks!" Pala hugged Mala to his arms. Mala being a bit small and soft to the act. Pala not noticing what he's doing blushed and pulled away. "Uhh i mean by thanks as in thank you for the book, i can still read it." Pala said Mala laughed a little. "Uh i might get late, bye!" Pala rushed to the opposite direction until he was blur. Mala blushing back, he hugged him. He smiled and head back inside."

-------------------------

It was now the graduation ceremony of their students, all the faculty staff and non staff their. The school year of their batch is over and Pala their wearing the toga uniform, Mala as well talking to the students congratulating them. Pala waved at Mala. Mala waved back and head to Pala. "Wow can't believe the batch is over and their will be another batch of them the next school year!" Pala mused. "Yeah i know, i remembered when we and the rest of us graduated" Mala seeing the sight of students celebrating and rubbing their friends heads in joy. "Yeah, good memories don't you think. I guess maybe we'll meet again next year?" Pala said. "Yeah, see you soon, hey want to uh you know, you, me---" Mala looking away. "Of course, you could've asked me going out." Pala said assuringly. Mala sighed in relief. "

Alright tomorrow when your available."

 "Sure"

"Catch you later Pala" 

"Bye"

-------------------------

Mala got back checking his faculty locker, looking back and forth when no one is coming, he then secretly fiddled the password to his locker, and opened. What inside is the book and pens and supplies he needs. Inside as well is the highschool picture of them, the day they graduated.  The best days of his life, he then stare at it at the moment. "I'll confess with you soon Pala," Mala then carefully put it back."I have to find the right time, for now we'll just be colleagues, for now...."