𝗣𝗥𝗢𝗟𝗢𝗚𝗨𝗘 - 00

𝗣𝗥𝗢𝗟𝗢𝗚𝗨𝗘
raging fires

Enkindling, the small essence of the flame lit up the dark room

Enkindling, the small essence of the flame lit up the dark room. Your eyes scanning through the dark, the wind howling through the broken windows as the moon leaked through and governed the silent midnight. A particular figure lounging, fidgeting with a coin. He huffed and a smirk crept onto his face, his gaze flicked to yours with a taunting demeanor. You softly chuckle and climbed the stairs making your way to your lover.

"Still awake? Hadn't I told you hours ago to take a rest, you've done much this week." He sighed as he made space for you on the rundown sofa. You sat down, the cushion dipping along with your weight. His hands wrapped around your shoulders, whilst his free one caressed your hand. "I can't seem to fall asleep Ryushi, something's just bothering me for some reason.." you huffed, keeping a firm grip on his hand as you looked into his dark eyes just like how his were looking into yours, both held a loving and caring gaze toward eachother. His expression softened and he leaned closer to you, his forehead softly bumping yours, he held a gentle, genuine smile. "If this is about me again. I've told you many times that I'll be alright, besides this mission will be my last and after this we can..settle down and have the rest of our lives to ourselves" he chuckled pressing a tender kiss on your forehead, you giggle and leaned in to press a kiss onto his lips instead.

You felt him smile throughout the kiss, his hand making it's way to the back of your head inching you closer, deepening the kiss. Your hand resting on his chest, closing your eyes as a sign of trust. He pulled away and gave you peck on the cheek, you laughed and continued to admire his features. "My love for you is my most of cherished thing y'know that?" He teased pinching your cheeks treating you like a child. You groaned and playfully pushed him away, he put a hand just right over his chest and dramatically acted being heartbroken, falling onto the sofa. "Ah! Alas my heart has been torn to pieces!" He exclaimed making you laugh and softly punching him on his stomach.

His eyes trailed off to the floor, noticing a red thread just lying there being illuminated by the moonlight. He reached out for it, twirling it on his arms before properly sitting up, his gaze turn to you who was still laughing causing a smile to creep onto his face. He grabbed a blade from his pocket and cut the thread in two, placing the blade into his pocket he swiftly tied one of the threads on his ring finger. He tapped your shoulder causing you to halt your laughing and turn to him with a curious gaze. "Hm? Something wrong Ryushi?" He grabbed your hand and slowly, gently tied the other string on your ring finger, the thread was almost as if symbolizing a ring which caused your face to heat up. "Y/N, this crimson thread will be the one to bind us no matter what happens. This'll serve as a connection between us wherever we both may be." He whispered enough for you to hear. You smiled brightly, both your eyes illuminated by the limpid moonlight. The scene itself was too expressive, he was wearing a tuxedo whilst you were wearing something white. As if it seems like a wedding or so. You threw your arms around his neck and buried your face in his neck, you could strongly smell his perfume. His hands rested on your hip as he leaned onto the arm rest.

He then went on to massage your scalp, humming a calming tune as if he was trying to lull you to sleep. You played with his hair as you close your eyes, listening to his heartbeat. "Rest now, my love.." he whispered. You sleepily nodded and dug yourself deeper onto his body, clinging to him like a koala. He chuckled softly and picked you up bridal style, he was shock when he started to hear soft snores as he was making his way to your shared apartment, you must've been real tired.

He laid you down onto your shared bed, your hair sprawling on the white sheets. He pressed a soft kiss on your forehead before waltzing close to the bedroom door, the light shining behind him, his silhouette looking like as if it was a shadow. He smiled softly before tugging the knob and closing the door silently, he locked all the windows and doors to keep you safe whilst in your slumbers. He looked down the balcony, not a single soul in sight. He took a brief moment to take a few breathes before leaping off of it and landing on a rooftop. He looked back at the apartment, his gaze softened. "I promise you my love, I will make it back to you."

...

...

...

You stretched your arms, yawning loudly as the morning light shined on your figure. The birds sang a tune, the neighbors chatting which you could faintly hear. Your feet touched the cold marble flooring, a shiver running up your spine as you sprinted to the kitchen. You sat on the sofa and noticed the red thread still resting on your ring finger. You looked around to see Ryushi no where, usually he'd be home by two or four in the morning lying by your side on the bed but it seems he isn't here. You shrugged it off for now, reaching for the television's remote you lazily went through channel and channel until you juts decided to watch the morning news. Your eyes widened, you were still in disbelief.

"Breaking News! Top assassin, Reaper has been recently caught. Authorities say he was found after finishing a mission and they were able to catch the assassin. Finally! Our streets are safe from this notorious killer."

The tears pricking your eyes, flowing down onto the floor. You couldn't believe it, you were frozen. "No..no, I can't loose you!" You screamed gripping your hair and falling onto the ground. "No no! Not now! Not ever!" You cried in agony, he promised he'd be fine and now look where you are. Your breathing getting heavier and rougher, you weakly punched the floor without a single care that your knuckles were turning blood red. You were in pain, in rage. You felt as if you were a raging fire. You pathetically sobbed, laying on the cold floor as you curled up.

Your eyes were burning from the tears, your sniffles being the only thing echoing through the apartment. You felt this gut that he was still somewhere out there. You looked at the red thread and pulled it in, placing a soft kiss on your ring finger. You held yourself up onto the floor and looked at the television. Images of the scene, his face flashing through the screen. You needed to find him, wherever they were holding him, you would find your way to him, with this thread as your only hope and remembrance of him, you knew you could do it..