𝖙𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞 𝖋𝖎𝖛𝖊

SINCE word got out that I was Spider-Man yesterday, I haven't left my house

SINCE word got out that I was Spider-Man yesterday, I haven't left my house. I insisted that Jordyn stay here too, since I didn't want her to go home on her own but Happy made the decision to drop her off in the SUV he drives, so nobody could see who was in the car. 

I've barely said a word these past twenty four hours, speaking to myself in my head only. The issue isn't only that I got outed, people think I'm a murderer among that, too. I know exactly what my strength is capable of, which is why I do my very best to hold back when I'm fighting bad guys and I haven't killed any of them. 

It's only today that I've realised how gullible people on social media are. They'd believe a guy who was on the scene for a few days rather than me, who's been protecting Queens since 2016. 

Right now, I'm on the sofa in my pyjama's, watching the news with May. Despite how many times we try to 'forget' that it's even happening, it's very hard to click away when the news starts talking about me. 

Three loud bangs on my door startle me and May and we both look up from the TV screen.

"Federal agents, open up!"

"Federal agents?" May says, standing up. "Peter, you stay here!"

Even though she told me to stay put, I can't help but follow close behind. 

"Department of Damage Control." A guy with a badge says. "We have a warrant for the arrest of Peter Parker."

Arrest?

No, no, no, I can't go to jail. 

"You know the Fourth Amendment?" May asks him. 

"Sure." He nods.

"Unreasonable search and seizure?"

The guy doesn't even take the time to listen to what May has to say, since they barge into the house anyway. Four big guys armed with guns grab hold of me, dragging me out of the house. I know I'd only make things worse if I tried to resist, so I did my best to co-operate. 

I didn't say anything as they hauled me out of the apartment. 

I didn't say anything when onlookers and reporters asked me a bunch of questions.

And I didn't say anything even as the guys shoved me into their car, placing handcuffs on my wrists. 

➤➤➤

"I didn't kill Quentin Beck, okay?" I tell the officer who I'm in an interview room with, my hands handcuffed to the table. "The drones did."

"The drones that are yours." Another agent says, showing me photographic evidence of the Stark drones.

"No." I groan. "Well- look, Nick Fury was there the whole time, just ask him. He'll explain everything."

The agent scoffs. "Nick Fury has been off planet for the last year."