Chapter 7 - The Baybayin Kingdoms

By the time the Baybayin alphabet arrived in the Philippine islands, both the dominant church and the individual kingdoms started to rebrand themselves as the Baybayin Church and Baybayin kingdoms, and another of the united kingdoms was established in the year 1070. That was the Kingdom of Panay and the dominant religion was Baybayin Christianity. They modeled the style of society from the Kingdom of Palawan and Mindoro, including the barangay system and idea of children's education. At the same time, Islam was introduced into the islands and gained converts and established their own kingdoms rivaling those with the Christian ones. At first they are rivals at one another, disputing about power and dominance. But when they realized that their actions are causing trade deficits, they decided to end it with the Treaty of Cebu in the year 1201.
    Also, the adoption of the Baybayin alphabet signals a new era in history. The Baybayin alphabet varies from dialect to dialect, but was standardized sometimes, while other varieties are allowed depending on the tribe and kingdom. But nevertheless, the Baybayin alphabet became widespread and can be found from writings to coins.
   Another of the Baybayin kingdoms are the kingdoms of Cebu, Albay, Samar, and Leyte. These kingdoms are also Baybayin Christian kingdoms, and engaged in trade with various civilizations, including China and Japan.
At the same time, the weaponry of the Baybayin kingdom soldiers had upgraded with the samurai weaponry and armory from Japan. The adoption of samurai helmets and Katana swords make those in combat more formidable and stronger than before. Anyone who dare to challenge them will fear their weapons in just moments.

-----------------------------------------------------------Man, things are gonna be hot when the Spanish arrived. Wait for the next chapter!