CHAPTER 3

I went to my shop with Sara after school. Miko didn't talk to me after I left her there in the room. Is she upset with me? Don't I feel like I should be upset?

"I'm actually quite surprised to see a new face," my sister said. "I'm Makoto, her older sister," she introduced herself as she shook Sara's hand. "Her childhood friend, Miko, always comes here with Ei," she chuckled.

"Well, Sara here is also a friend of mine. She had nothing to do after school, so I let her come with me,"

"I'm actually surprised you're making new friends despite you being an introvert," she laughed as she went behind the counter. "There is not much to help in the shop. I was about to close it anyway since we're actually lacking resources and I was about to get my shipped products," she said.

"We can get it,"

"No no, you guys stay here and watch over the store, I'll go get it," she said as she grabbed her purse and walked out of the counter. "If anything happens, call 911 right away, alright?" she smiled as she left.

"I just knew that you and Miko were..."

"Yes, we're childhood friends," I said. "She's a pain in the ass but... I'm glad to have her with me and to be my...friend," 

"I see," she said. "She's... kind in some ways, great in some ways, for you," she laughed. "But her attitude is just annoying, most of all," she said as she pointed at me. "Her cunning side,"

"Yeah, I don't even know what thoughts are going on inside her head," I chuckled. "But yes, she's the best. She's the kindest person that I've ever seen. A great friend,"

"You really speak highly of her, as if you like her," she chuckled.

But I do like her, and I don't want anyone talking shit about her, even now that I'm upset with her. "Nonsense," I chuckled. 

"But...is it really fine to leave things like that? Earlier at school, you guys were like in a...fight, "  she said.

"We're not in a fight," I sighed. "It's not a big thing, so it's fine,"

"That 'not a big thing' will really turn into a big thing," Sara said. "You need to make up with her or the fight will just get worse and it will lead to your friendship coming to an end. You don't want that, do you?"

"You speak like an adult," I laughed. 

"I am an adult," she said confidently.

I laughed at her again. It's really nice to have someone with you and just makes you forget all of your worries and problems. But... why am I still comparing Sara to Miko?

You're so brutal, Ei.

We kept talking until it was night time, but my sister hadn't returned, so we were still at the shop. We just talked, but I'm sleepy already, and also, Sara needs to go home.

"It's late, you should go home," I said.

"Oh no," she chuckled. "I can't just leave you here when there is not a single...guard here, and it's almost night time,"

"But Sara, your parents might scold you. They are even strict as hell," I chuckled.

"Don't worry, I'll just make an excuse like I studied with you," she laughed.

"Dumbass, using me as your excuse,"

"But we're together, aren't we?" she smiled.

"Yeah, use me as your excuse," I said, grabbing my phone to see if there was a message. There was...nothing. Not a single message from her.