CHAPTER 4

Why do I have to be involved with this? It's...really awkward.

Ayaka, what in the hell are you doing?!

It's Saturday today, and of course there are no classes, unless you failed one class and you get to have extra classes.

I'm in a cafe with Ayaka, Sara, Kokomi, and, last but not least, Miko. For fucks sake, we just had an argument last night and it's hella awkward!

Ayaka didn't tell me that Miko would come. If I knew she would've come too, I wouldn't even go with them!

"That food was the best," Kokomi chuckled. "Didn't you go here with Ayato, Miko?"

Great, Ayato again.

Kokomi is another friend of Miko's, I mean best friend. They both love novels; they even write them. In short, they are both authors and have some unpublished novels. It's like it's their hobby.

"I first came here with...Ei, to check out the cafe," she said as she looked at me, and when we made eye contact, she quickly averted her gaze. My brows furrowed.

"Did you get home safely, Ei? And did you fix things? " Sara whispered to my ear, and I clearly saw Miko glaring at us. I'm not hallucinating, am I?

"I did get home safely, but I'm afraid I made things worse," I whispered back to her, and she moved back and looked at me and chuckled.

"You're so fucked," she softly chuckled.

"Ya'll have your own world, huh?" Ayaka giggled. "Want us to leave and have your...time?" She teased.

"W-what?" Sara stuttered.

Miko slammed the table and we all looked at her. "Let us go to the mall and maybe play in the...arcade?" She smiled at us, and it was clearly not one of those kind smiles, but rather a killer smile vibe. What's the matter with her? Is she mad at me? Annoyed?

"That's a good idea," Kokomi chuckled. "I always wanted to go to an arcade with friends," she smiled.

"Can I invite one friend? She's an expert in arcade games, so we can have the advantage of winning prizes," Ayaka said.

"Sure, the more the merrier," Sara smiled.

I really just want to go home.

๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑๑

We're now in the arcade. Sara and Kokomi paired up and tried the weird looking zombie shooting game. Ayaka and her friend, Yoimiya, tried the basketball shooting game. As for me, I'm doing nothing, just standing, wandering around the arcade, watching the people enjoy playing.

As for Miko? I don't know where she is, and I'm trying not to care about her. But, a part of me wants to enjoy my time here with her and such.

A claw machine caught my eye, it has a fox plushie! It reminds me of Miko, and I really want to have it. I bought coins to the counter and tried playing the claw machine, and to my surprise, I suck at it. It's been 5 tries already but I still haven't got the plushie!

I was about to walk away when I bumped into someone and it was Miko. She looked at me with worry in her eyes, and she looked at the claw machine, and she looked at me again and her face softened. "Gave up playing?"

I nodded, "Might as well leave and not waste any more money,"

"What plushie do you want?" she said as she approached the claw machine and inserted a coin. 

"T-the fox one,"

She smiled at me and played the game. She was focused, clearly focused. She's trying to get the right position of the claw and carefully moving the joystick. She pressed the GO button and... she got it! She got the plushie!