Support

"Maki!" 

I couldn't believe it! They captured Maki! 

There was blood all over her, and it appeared that she could barely even speak a single word... Your heart was in pain for her... I had no idea she was going to do this. She should have told me about this, and I would have helped her! 

There were tears falling onto the phone, and I couldn't even hear the video because of my murmuring from the depression I was feeling. What have they done to her, why did she go? What happened to her friends?

Of course... The answers were right in front of me, but I had to manage to somehow calm down first. Before I replayed the video I heard a knock on my door. Don't tell me someone was here to kill me... What should I do? If I don't open the door I could be safe and sound, but maybe it's the police? 

At this point, I had to figure out who was there, and besides if someone was here to take me I would maybe see Maki again wherever she was.

I opened the door and... It was-

Himiko and Shuichi...?

"Ah, are you Y/N?" Shuichi asked me, and I nodded my head.

At my door were Maki's best friends that up to a few minutes ago thought were long gone. I only learned a few minutes ago that they were still alive, and now they were here!

"Y-yeah..." I replied with sadness still in my voice, and I have a feeling that they know what was up.

"Oh right... We are so sorry about Maki, but with my magic, I'm sure we can break her out of there!" Himiko exclaimed in excitement, but Shuichi gave her a displeased glare, and she stopped rambling about magic. 

"Excuse her... May we come in Y/N?"

"Of course."

I didn't expect these two to even come here. How did Maki tell them to come here? I assumed that the clan wouldn't even let them communicate with each other.

Anyway, I sat them down and grabbed them some drinks. I'm assuming for the past few years that they have been held in a jail cell and they both looked rather frail. I would grab them something to eat, but we have something more important on our hands. 

"First of all what happened five years ago when the clan kidnapped you? Maki thought you both got murdered." I said, and both of them raised their eyebrows at me.

"Nyehhh!? Murdered? The clan didn't hurt us, but we taken into their captivity because we were somehow distracting Maki from her work..." Himiko stated, and I felt bad for both of them.

"It's been years since we have been in contact with the outside world, and we thought we would never see the sunshine again. Thankfully Maki came through and saved us... At the same time, I hope we can rescue her..." Shuichi remarked, and I could only imagine what they were doing to Maki as we spoke.

Somehow Shuichi was able to tell what I was thinking about, and he started asking me about Maki.

"So are you Maki's friend or something... Maki wrote your address and name on a piece of paper before she was taken away by the clan. We really don't know anything about you." Shuichi commented, and that is when I had to summarize the story for them...

"Well Maki was forced to kill me for the clan, but something inside her made her not go through with it. I was let go and I thought I would never see Maki again, but that is when I was greeted by Maki's boss Matilda and she almost killed me! That is when Maki saved my life, and she killed Matilda. I helped her dispose of the body, and I let her stay with me until further arrangements could be made. However we fell in love with each other, and I promised to keep her safe. Everything was going great until this morning when she wasn't in bed with me. I tried calling her all day long, but I got no response. I came back to the apartment minutes before you made it here, and I found her phone at the door. I then found a photo of you in your cell sent from someone named Martin, and then there was this video of Maki in the cell instead of you..." I explained to Shuichi and Himiko, and they were both shocked by your summary.

"Maki didn't kill you? She usually kills every target that she is assigned." Shuichi responded in surprise. 

"Hmm... Maybe there was something about you that made Maki have enough..." Himiko said, and to this day I still can't find out that one thing that made Maki change her mind.

"Listen, guys... I don't want to talk about that right now. We need to figure out what we are going to do about Maki. She betrayed the clan, and if you guys were starved for simply distracting her. Maki is probably going to go through something pretty worse..." I muttered, and the three of us were drawing blanks. 

No one said another word. Our eyes were glued to the floor, and the only noise I heard was Shuichi and Himiko taking a sip of water every now and then. 

It felt like you were sitting there for a century. 

That is when a certain case came to mind. I remember defending a client a long time ago against this crazy inventor named Maiko Iruma that made this app that was able to tell a photo's location by only using the photo. It was revolutionary, but it was revealing private information and a lot of people were being doxxed using the app. My client was kidnapped by someone who used to an app to find her, and because of the privacy infringement and the examples of how the app could be used in horrible and unconstitutional ways, it was banned in homes. Of course, if it was up to you it would be banned entirely. 

At the same time, it could help you in this case. I had a photo of the cell that Shuichi and Himiko were in, and by the video, it looked like the same cell. 

Before I opened up to the idea I realized one more thing. I still didn't watch the video... 

"Excuse me, guys... I have to go to the bathroom..." I excused myself and locked myself in my bathroom.

I sat on the rim of the bathtub and I finally watched the video without any murmuring, and I could finally listen to Maki's message to me. 

Of course, by replaying the video I had to see Maki in that awful state, but if I simply close my eyes I could only listen...

"Y/N... I am sorry for doing this to you, but I had to save them... I enjoyed all the time we spent together, but if you were in my situation you would do this too. Two lives for the price of one. The math speaks for itself... But I just wanted to tell you that I'm going to always love you, and only you. Please don't go looking for me, and trust me when I say this.. If you try to stop the clan they will kill you... Again... I'm very sorry, but please find someone else that isn't as crazy as me, as selfish as me, and as horrible as me. You deserve better, but at the same time, I can't stop loving you. Goodbye Y/N..." Maki stated, and that is when the video ended. 

What am I going to do...?