Marriage

"Y/N... I heard everything. I am happy I died instead of you- well I was happy to die for you, and I'm so lucky to have a second chance. I heard you say that you wanted me to be your wife, and I want that too. I have always loved you Y/N, and I want to spend the rest of my life with you." Maki explained in pure joy and that is when she got down on one knee.

She took my hand and looked me in the eyes with a firm smile on her face.

"Y/N will you marry me?" Maki asked me, and I gladly accepted her proposal.

"Of course Maki! I love you so much!" 

I thought that was going to be the worst day of my life, but... It turned out it was one of the greatest days I have ever lived through. I thought Maki was gone forever, but no. She was alive and she wanted to be my wife. There was no way I was going to wait forever for a wedding. Usually, couples wait months or years to get married, but I and Maki were able to prepare the wedding as fast as possible, and our wedding day was on October 1st, 2022. 

We didn't want to have an expensive wedding because the only thing that mattered was our love and that we were together. Almost everyone who went to the funeral came to the wedding as well. We were all mourning Maki months ago, but now we were at her wedding, and I was marrying her. 

We had a cliffside wedding. Maki badgered me into having a very early morning, but we compromised and we had it at ten in the morning. She liked the atmosphere of the morning, and she felt like it was the most peaceful time of the day. Maki also liked the view, and she joked if she didn't want to get married there was a cliff right there to end it all. Well, that was a dark joke...

That day was the third greatest day of my life, and I hoped that Maki would always be my wife until death until do we part. 

Maki selected Himiko to be the bridesmaid, and I personally selected Shuichi to be the best man. We have grown close together over the past few months. He even helped me with some of my cases, and he has developed himself into a valuable working partner and amazing best friend. 

And for Himiko, she may ramble on about her so-called magic, but other than that she is a nice girl and she is pretty easy to get along with. 

I could still remember my wedding day like it was yesterday. 

My family, my friends, and lots of my clients came to support me on my big day. I remembered all of their sad faces during Maki's funeral, and I really preferred the happiness they had on their faces today. Everyone was so amazing for coming here, and I loved them all... But other than my mother and father and siblings... Maki was the only one I loved with all of me, and no one else would receive as much love. 

The only person I didn't see was my father who was going to walk Maki down the aisle. Her parents sent her to the orphanage years ago, and they never saw their daughter again. Too bad for them they missed out on a loving and caring young woman.

Before Maki arrived from the chapel down the hill, I had a talk with Shuichi. The last conversation I had with him before I became a married man. 

"Are you ready Y/N?"

"I was born ready Shuichi." 

That is when my eyes met Maki's and the whole wedding went quiet as she made her way down the aisle. The violin players started their tune, and as Maki got closer to me the more I started to blush. I still feel aroused by her in many ways, and it still feels like yesterday she became my girlfriend, but now she was going to be my wife. 

I held her hands, and we listened to the priest start the service. 

"Today we are here for the wedding of Y/N L/N, and Maki Harukawa. They weren't always the couple we see today, but as time went on they developed one of the strongest bonds I have ever seen." The priest explained, and he was right.

I have never been so close with a woman before, and Maki was the only woman I was going to be the girl I had that bond with. 

"The couple has written their own vows. Y/N you may go first." 

I remembered spending all day yesterday trying to write the perfect vows, but in the end, I could just speak from my heart and it would mean then lines on a piece of paper.

Here we go.

"Maki, from day one I have always loved you. When I looked at you in the eyes the first time I immediately fell for you. Even after you tried to kill me I could see that there was a lot more under that stubborn attitude. I wanted to shower you with love and protect you at any cost. I'm happy to tell you I think I have done pretty well since you are standing here today. I promise I will spend the rest of my days giving you the best out of life, and only the best."

"That was a wonderful speech, Y/N... Maki, what do you have to say?"

"Y/N you are probably the nicest person I have ever met, and I am happy to be marrying you today. I know it was a long road to get here, but I am glad that it was with you. I hope that we are never separated, and we will have a fantastic life together. I love you, and I never thought I would love again after Kaito, but you defied my expectations. So thank you! Thank you for saving me! If it wasn't for you I would be killing many innocent people day after day, but now I can spend my days loving you and only you." 

"That was marvelous Maki..."

I could feel the tears running down my cheek, but they were all happy. The last time I cried was when I thought I lost Maki but now I am crying because I am marrying her. 

"Y/N do you take Maki to be your wife until death do you part?" 

"I do."

"Maki, do you take Y/N to be your lawfully wedded (husband/wife)?" 

"I do." 

"You may kiss now!" 

I kissed Maki on the lips for what felt like the hundredth time, but this one was different it locked us together as two people that were now lawfully wedded. I was Maki's spouse, and nothing was ever going to make me leave her. 

I was going to love this woman for the rest of my life, and I will never let any other man love her. 

"I love you so much..."