It can't end like this

Why hello there,

I don't wanna be mushy, but truly thank you for the support and encouraging words, they help and I hope this chapter and the ones ahead don't disappoint!

Author-san <33

_______________________________________

Your head was already spinning as various emotions flew through you.

Excitement, nervousness, desire, love...

The last two especially. At this moment, your lips so close to hers, Alcinas' warm breath tickling your nose. 

You couldn't wait any longer and kissed her deeply. She kissed back and you both moaned trying to fight for dominance. You caressed her whole body until your hand fell to her wrist and you felt something under the sleeve of her dress. 

By now it was getting difficult to breathe so you pulled away and lifted her wrist to your face after pulling up her sleeve to inspect it. And there it was.

- You kept the bracelet I made you?!

You smiled at her, tears prickling the corners of your eyes.

- Of course, it's the sweetest thing anyone has done for me in a long time.

She smiled brushing her other hand across the bracelet.

You took her hands in yours, kissed each knuckle softly, and looked up to her slightly wide eyes glowing such a beautiful color.

- Be mine Alcina. Ever since the day we met, you have filled my life with hope, intrigue, and worth. You make me feel whole and a life with you is the only thing I dream of, night and day. Please let me care for you as I hope you will for me and let me love you as I hope you will love me. 

You buried your face in her hands and after a few seconds, you heard quiet sobs. 

- Alcina, is something wrong? Have I upset you? 

Your stomach turned with worry as the silence grew even louder.

She suddenly pulled her hands out of your grip and shakily ran out of the room closing the door behind her.

What did I do?

Was that confession too soon? Did I scare her? Things were going so well up until I fucked everything up, like always.

You let out the breath you were holding in for what seemed like ages and turned away from the door. 

That's when you heard a blood-curdling scream echo from the halls. You didn't register who was screaming but it damn sure isn't a good sign. After silence followed the scream you grew even more worried. 

Ah fuck it.

You pulled yourself up and out of the pool and crawled with your hands, dragging your tail. You knew you had about 15 minutes max before things got bad, but you didn't care. Your only thoughts were about Alcina. 

You twisted the doorknob with one hand and it let out a loud creak. Peeking through the slightly ajar door, nothing seemed out of the ordinary. That's strange.

You quickly yet quietly dragged yourself from your room into the entrance hall and through a corridor. The castle seemed oddly eerie. 

In the middle of the corridor on your left was a door and when you opened it, to your luck you found that it was a bathroom. You quickly looked around through any cabinets you could reach and found a towel, put it in the sink, and turned the water on. While you were waiting for it to get soaked you listened in. Someone was screaming far away. Actually multiple someones.