How Did We Get Here?

My sons' lives began, as all babies' lives do, with an egg.

Although, in my case, the egg that started it all - the egg that I donated to my best friend who desperately wanted to have a baby with her boyfriend, who now I realize was never her boyfriend; instead, he was a casual fling. She tried to trap them to pay for her lifestyle by having his baby.

You see, I realized that I never truly knew the person that I called my best friend. I mean, yeah, I learned things from her past, but Doyun hid things in her present from me until now.

Doyun had finally gotten pregnant thanks to my egg donation, but it was more than she bargained for when she was informed she was pregnant with twins.

I was the supportive best friend who went to all the appointments as the baby daddy was currently in the military.

I can't believe I didn't see through her facade of lies when I would ask questions that she didn't have the answer to and how she pretended to be so happy to be pregnant when she hated it.

I didn't learn of the truth until Doyun showed up on my doorsteps with the twins and her lawyer, who immediately handed several documents that showed I was the twins' biological mother and Doyun had no legal claims to them as she didn't even plan on keeping them in the first place as she learned halfway through her pregnancy that she never wanted kids. The way she got the father's sperm was illegal. She could face jail time for it, so upon hearing that, she decided it was best that I handle all of her drama like I always have.

"These two are your problem now, Kiomai," Doyun said with a bored look on her face.

"No, no, no! You got to be kidding me, right now, DoYun; how could you do this?" Kiomai asked her best friend of ten plus years.

"I never wanted them in the first place; they were just a pawn in a scheme that failed so that you can have them; I know you always wanted to be a mother, and now you can," Doyun explained to me.

I placed the twins' car seats on the ground and charged Doyun. I slapped her across the face before grabbing her face and neck to choke her.

"You're a monster; I don't even know you anymore," I yelled as her lawyer tried to get my hands off of her neck.

"Let me go!" Doyun screamed, clawing at my hands wrapped around her throat.

"You're sick. I'm your best friend; how can you do this to me?" I asked her as tears built up in my eyes.

"We have explained the situation to you several times, Miss Ho; you have legal rights and claim to the twins. They have nothing to do with Doyun. Please remove your hands from around Miss Doyun's neck, or else I will get the police involved," Doyun's lawyer said to me.

I glared at her.

"You're even sicker, and as a woman, I'm even more disappointed that you helped with all of this," I said as I let go of Doyun and moved away from her and her lawyer.

Doyun was on the ground trying to catch her breath when she revealed that she had gotten a DNA test done for the twins' father, and he would be contacting me for the twins in a couple of days.

"Doyun, you're dead to me! Dead! Get out!" I screamed.

"You'll forgive me; you always do," Doyun said.

I shook my head no.

"No, not this," I said.

"Yes, you will; you always have since we were kids, Kiomai," Doyun said, almost taunting me like she had some control over me.

I chuckled.

"Yeah, no, that was the dumb me who always forgave you because I was afraid of losing your friendship, but the mature me is going to destroy you for everything you have done to me, Doyun, by the time I'm done with you, you will have to leave this country, that's a promise, not a threat boo," I said as I smirked at her scared face.

"You wouldn't," Doyun said.

"I will; I'll start by terminating your contract with Se7en Entertainment, then I'll call all of your endorsement companies and let them know what kind of evil person is representing them," I told her as I pulled out my phone to contact the chief executive officer of Se7en Entertainment.

Doyun got on her knees and started begging me not to make the call. I laughed.

"No, your spoiled ass has gotten away with too much. Doyun, you have caused too many problems, and I saved you way too many times, and now this is the final straw. Please get the hell out of my house!" I yelled as I pointed to my front door.

"I'm sorry, please don't do this," Doyun begged me.

"You brought innocent children into this world for your greediness, and now you have abandoned them, and you will pay for that," I said.

Her lawyer helped her up and carried her to the front door. Doyun started screaming at her lawyer to stop me from ruining her life, but her lawyer remained silent as I followed them to the door to lock it after they left my house.

"Stupid bitch," I muttered to myself after I made the door was locked.

I walked back to my living room and started at the two newborns in their car seats, and sighed.

"It looks like it's just us three for now," I said.