Biology Class

Today I thought to myself nothing could stop me from having a good day ... and yet the universe kept proving me wrong.

For starters this morning I missed the bus causing me to have to run to school so I wouldn't be late. (Because I stayed at my mom's house last night)

But while I was running I missed a step on the cement stairs causing me to fall ... onto my arm.

After screaming a little someone called my mom and she brought me to the hospital.

Where I was then yelled at for being clumsy, and I was also told that I would have to wear a cast for 2 months.

So now since my mother is mad at me she is forcing me to go to school even though there is a painful striking pain shooting down my arm.

It's the last period before lunch so that means I have biology. 

As I walked into the classroom I saw my lab partner Mary Joe right away.

Behind us sat Charlie Conway and this boy who Is name Evan, we talked from time to time.

Well anyways Charlie wasn't in class yet and Evan was in the bathroom so I only had to deal with MJ (Mary Joe) gushing over my arm and asking what happened.

I told her the whole story and she
felt terrible. After a few moments of silence, Mj asked if she could sign the white cast which I responded yes too.

The only decent thing about a cast is that you can have your friends sign it, then it's like you're carrying them around with you all the time.

I felt weird, almost like people were watching, so I tried to hide it the best I could throughout the class.

After 30 minutes we were all told to get the assignment done, and we could talk and whatnot.

Mj and I were having a nice conversation about our favorite people at school so far while we worked on the assignment.

"Yeah, I think Lester Averman is nice .... And kinda cute," Mj said the last part kind of quietly but I still managed to hear her.

"You guys would be so cute together ... hmm I think my favorite pers-"

"Is it me?" Charlie Conway said dragging a chair between Mj and I "no I was gonna say, Adam Banks."

He frowned, upset because I said his friend who is currently his enemy.

I giggled and he smiled at me "you sound cute when you laugh, what will it take for me to be able to hear that more often?"

I smiled at him "maybe show up to class on time."

I looked at the clock and pointed to the fact he was about half an hour late. He frowned and looked at Mj.

"So Mary J,  I heard you have a thing for my good pal Averman?"

She blushed and looked at her papers "well ... you heard wrong Conway."

He smiled "ahh I don't know when I walked past this table I'm pretty sure I heard my good pal's name."

She groaned and rubbed her temple " how Am I gonna have to deal with you for a year,"

I laughed and looked at him but when I turned my body I accidentally dropped my pen on the floor, causing me to use my casted arm to pick it up.

"Hey what happened to your arm?" He asked with his lips pencil straight and brows furrowed.

"Just got hurt earlier, it should heal in like 2 months according to the doctor."