Prologue

Queen Oyster looked out at the two year old dragonets assembled before her. Among them she knew two of her children settled. Princess Aqua, her only daughter and the only heir to the Seawing throne as well as her younger son Prince Hammerhead.

"All the two year old dragonets are here now?" Oyster asked her elder son Prince Perch, as he came to sit with her and his father, King Stingray, as they waited to begin the Talons of Power ceremony for that year.

As Oyster saw Perch nod he spoke. "Yes, I made sure of it mother. I'm sure that just like every year there won't be any dragonets who are revealed to have animus magic."

"Yes, of course but we must continue with the ceremony in case someone slipped through the spell." Oyster replied to her son, remembering the tales of the old Sandwing animus Jerboa. It was said that she cast a spell, stoping any animus from using magic ever again. Yet even centuries later every Seawing queen had kept up the tradition of the Talons of Power ceremony, including her. But in all those years no new dragonets displayed the powers of animus magic. In fact Oyster didn't know what she would do if an animus turned up during her rule, or how the other tribes would react.

"I think we should start now don't you, Queen Oyster." Oyster heard Stingray whisper, before she nodded in agreement.

"On the count of three I want you all to order the coconut in front of you to lift up in the air. Make sure you say it out loud." Oyster spoke, making sure all the dragonets would be able to hear her. "1, 2," she looked around at all the dragonets in front of her. "3!" She finished, adding extra emphasis to the three.

As Oyster finished the count down, she heard a jumble of words as all the two year old dragonets of the Kingdom of the Sea ordered their coconuts to lift into the air. But to her suprise and shock, as well as clearly that of all the older dragons there, one of the coconuts lifted above all the dragonets. Everyone turned mouths open to see who had made the coconut float, who was the first animus in 8 centries. And to everyone's suprise, the dragonet that they saw looking up at the coconut she had raised in awe, was Aqua, the princess. No, this can't be right, my daughter can't be the first animus in centuries, the first animus to escape Jerboa's spell! Oyster thought. This has to be a mistake!