Chapter Six: An Interrogation... Of Sorts.

Loklynn awoke from her dream with more clarity than she'd had in ages. She remembered. It wasn't much, in the grand scheme of things, but it was there: Whitebeard, Jimbei, the time She'd spent with Shanks and his crew. Years of memories were flooding back to her, allowing her at least an inkling of who she was.

Shanks training her with haki.
Benn giving her her very first set of daggers.
Yasopp teaching her to weild her slingshot.
Learning to control her powers.

She could have cried with happiness. She didn't have to be weak anymore. She didn't have to run! She knew now how to fight back, because the Red Hair Pirates had taught her how! She sat up, beaming like a child on Christmas morning, only for her smile to fade when she saw who was in the room with her.

"You keep passing out on us, bright-eyes, we're gonna have a problem."

Eustass Kid was sitting in a chair in the corner of the room, staring intently at her with an expression she couldn't read. Braver now, she returned his gaze with a confident glare as she slowly stood from the bed and squared her shoulders.
Kid quirked an eyebrow.

"What's with that look?" He scoffed. "You really feeling that much better?"

"Of course not," she admitted easily. "I'm still extremely weak... But at least I know who I am now."

He rolled his eyes. "You know what? I'm not even gonna ask what you mean by that," he sneered. "What I am going to ask you..."

Loklynn squared her shoulders as he approached. He stopped right in front of her and brought his face close to hers.

"...Is what you know about Red Hair Shanks."

Despite the situation, Loklynn couldn't hold back a smile; the fact that she actually had the ability to answer these questions was enough to make her giddy enough to grin right into his face.

"Somethin' funny?" Kidd demanded irately.

"Nothing at all. In fact, you asked that question just in time for me to remember him." She raised her head with a small grin, "I'll tell you everything I know."

"Everything. Really. Just like that," came his deadpan reply.

"Just like that."

"You really have a knack for pissing me the fuck off, you know that?" He growled. He once again grabbed her arm and lead her away, down the hallway to a room that was completely bare save for Killer, who stood waiting by the far wall.

"Apparently," Kid sneered sarcastically as he made his way over to his first mate, "Lost girl over here just so happened to get over her amnesia while she was out. What a damn coincidence."

Loklynn shrugged.

"Well? Fucking start!" He snapped.

Well that was vague. Well, if he didn't go into specifics, she'd just give him everything; he was in for quite a story.
She recounted how she'd ended up on Whitebeard's ship and moved to Shanks,' leaving out a few parts about the exact strength of her haki and powers. She told them about a few of their sparring sessions and what she'd observed from each crew member, all the while making it seem like her training was casual, as if they hadn't bothered to teach her past the basics.

That, of course, was far from the truth.

She was a dead-eye with her slingshot and daggers.

She was close to being a master of haki.

The speed and power with which she wielded her powers was unmatched.

Her swords...

Her swords. That was the weird thing: she couldn't actually remember doing much training at all with the twin blades she remembered always hung on her back. She knew she could use them; she had flashes of duels where she was much more proficient than her apparent lack of training should have allowed. Those blades... they belonged in her hands.

Someone had taught her, and it wasn't Shanks.

"And that," she concluded after an hour-long monolog, "was all the important things I could think of in my time with the Red Hairs."

To their credit, both Killer and the notoriously impatient Kid had remained silent the entire time. They stayed that way for about another minute before Kid finally spoke- or rather, shouted.

"That was it?!" He burst out suddenly, leaping out of his chair with his hands clawed at his sides like he wanted to strangle her. "You cannot tell me that, in all that fucking time, you never learned anything useful!!"

Killer, true to form, simply observed passively as Loklynn's face turned grim and she averted her eyes.

"You... wanna know the truth?" She asked quietly.

"Oh, no," Kid huffed, throwing himself back in his chair with a 'go on' gesture. "Lie to me, please."

"I'm bitter about it too. Not knowing anything, I mean."
She took a deep breath and returned her eyes to his.
"The entire six years I spent with the men who practically raised me, I knew I was being kept in the dark. Sometimes I was included, other times I'd be ordered to stay in the galley while they went to some meeting or battle. I was young, so I went along with it, but... it still stung. You know what hurts the most?"

She closed her eyes and hung her head. "I knew some of those secrets... were about me."

The captain and first mate took a moment to ponder this.

"She lying?" Kid asked finally. Killer shook his head. "Fuck. Fine. One question though, bright-eyes..."

"If you absolutely must," loklynn teased, drawing a long-suffering sigh from the flame-haired pirate.

"I really must. You said you stayed with them for six years... Where were you from then to now?" He asked curiously. Loklynn gave him a sheepish smile.

"Would you beat me up again if I said I didn't know?"

Kid walked out.

_______꧁꧂_______

Killer ordered the girl to return to her room and await further instruction before following behind his fuming captain.

"I have to say, I'm surprised you didn't start breaking fingers," he mused. Kid snorted derisively.

"What, you want me to torture the girl?" The captain scoffed as they entered his workshop. He slammed the door shut with his devil fruit and threw himself into his chair.

"A starving former slave with memory issues. Fuckin' hell! The fuck am I supposed to do with that?!"

"Again: I'm surprised."

"Oh, shut up," Kid muttered. He twirled his chair around to tinker with some explosives. "You know what happened to my mom. I might be a cruel bastard, but we both know I can't do anything to that girl."

Killer nodded, though Kid couldn't see him. Years ago, his captain had confided in him- and only him- that his mother had been a slave for a few years before he was born. She'd gotten out with the help of some mysterious passerby and gave birth to Kid two months later. The implications of that time frame were too blatantly obvious to ignore.

"So," Killer said after letting his captain work for awhile, "What are you going to do?"

Kid spun his chair around to look at him. "I don't have the slightest fucking clue," he admitted. There was a certain bitterness in his voice; he hated not being in complete control of the situation.
"I'm open to suggestions, Kill."

Killer, already having thought about it for awhile now, answered immediately:

"Why don't you let her join the crew?"

Question of the day: What are three (positive) words you'd use to describe yourself?

I'll go first: I'd say that I'm Creative, intellectual, and generous.