1: Who Am I Tied To?

The sound of bird songs and chirping forest insects was what help Pearl regain her consciousness. Opening her eyes, and blinking a few times to adjust her vision. She was on the ground, knee pressed on soft, green grass. A black hoodie covering her head.

For a moment, Pearl just lay there. Not getting why she was there. Why or how she's there. Until the morning hectic to get ready came back to her.

The Double Life series!

Sitting up, Pearl looked down at herself. Her eyes narrowed to focus as remnants of sleep still crawl at her.

She was dressed in a casual, black jacket, a white shirt underneath, and short blue jeans. A comfortable pair of sneakers.

Pearl immediately recognized it as her Minecraft skin.

This is cool. She thought, smiling, and looks around her. Forgetting about her early hour distraught.

Laying her eyes on the other members sprawled around her. Some were awake, and standing, while others were yet to open their eyes to this virtual reality.

The ones standing about are Grian himself, his appearance looks unusual, considering that he actually has a mouth. Unlike his canon Minecraft skin.

Pearl was glad anyways that he did because she can't imagine how he'll be communicating with them and explaining the rules of his otherwise.

Joel stood next to him, chatting about his days with Lizzie in real life. How his wife was worried and would be lonely without him. Even though Joel comforted her many times before now and reassure her he would still be in the house with her, just in the experience.

Was Lizzie not granted a ticket into this server by Grian?

Ren and Tango were also awake, leaning against separate oak trees. Tango surveyed the surrounding with curiosity in his all-red eyes.

Pearl got to see just how different and cool everyone's appearance was. Having gotten used to seeing them all in the normal Minecraft block-shaped skin. To be human in appearance instead of pixels was very intriguing to her.

Very unusual and new..

"Oh, Pearl. You're awake. That's quite fast." Her head turned back around to see Grian looking at her with a wave. He smiled at her and Joel also look over with a small smile.

"Of course. I got woken up at 4 because of your untimely session countdown on my part. You should be glad I woke up amongst the early group, instead of the late one." Pearl chuckles as she helps herself to a stand. Brushing off dirt from her bottom and knee. Shaking her arms and head to get rid of any excess dirt and insects that may be on her.

"Well, I guess I should. There are still quite a few of us who are taking a while to awaken." Grian's eyes darted here and there at the ground where several others lay unconscious.

"Any reason as to why we are unconscious, to begin with?" Pearl asked with a tilt of her head in wonder, her blue eyes following where Grian is looking.

Jimmy was still on the ground, with a dazed look on his face. And just then, Scar's eyes opened and he sat up slowly, using his hands for support. "Wow, am I really in Minecraft?" Pearl heard him ask from the side.

Pearl giggles quietly at that. 

She herself can't believe this is Minecraft. Everything looks so realistic and normal. Like they were all in a random forest. Until she heard a moo from behind her. Turning around, she saw a familiar brown and white cow.

The cow was walking toward her, appearing to not have halting in its agenda. So she steps aside to let it pass. To which it went by with no glance back, passing Grian and into the forest again.