Chapter 9

Marinette's POV :

After meeting up with Tim, I hurried home to take a shower. It was very hot this afternoon and being active isn't the best way to not get sweaty.

As soon as I got to the apartment, I went to the bathroom and took a cold shower. The cold water felt great on my skin after the heat I experienced outside.

I stepped out of the shower after washing my hair and my worries away. I still see images from the last Akuma attack when I close my eyes and when I try to get it out of my head, Chat's actions usually take their place.

At the moment, whenever my phone vibrates, a knot forms in my stomach. I'm scared of what's going to happen during the next Akuma attack. What if I can't stop it? What if my "miraculous Ladybug" doesn't fix anything? What if civilians actually die next time?

What if Chat takes it to far?

That last thought never fails to send shivers down my spine. It's absolutely terrifying. I know he's stronger than me and that, if he put his mind to it, he would get his way.

I'm knocked out of my thoughts when I hear knocking at the window. I wipe away my tears and make sure he won't be able to tell that I've been crying. I run over and open the window without thinking and pull Red Robin in.

Marinette : Hi!

RR : H-hi!

I look at him and notice bright blush across his cheeks. It surprises me at first until I realize something.

I'm still in just a towel.

Marinette : Ah! Sorry! I'll go get dressed!

I run back into my room with a bright red face and close the door behind.

Marinette whispering : I can't believe I just did that!

Tikki is on my bed laughing.

Tikki : Someone was definitely a little bit too eager to see her crush.

Marinette : Wha- I-No! I-it's not like THAT! He's JUST a friend.

I cross my arms and turn my face away from Tikki. If my face wasn't red before, it definitely is now.

Trying to compose myself, I walk over to my dresser and pick out an outfit. I decide to wear some high-waisted shorts, a black crop top and a button up shirt. I then brush my hair and try to get my blush under control before exiting my room. I ignore the kwamis' remarks as I grab the clothes I made Red Robin on my way out the door.

I find him looking out the window.

Marinette : The view's great, isn't it?

He quickly turns around and lets out a sigh of relief when noticing that I'm fully dressed this time.

RR : It really is.

He walks up to me and I hand him his outfit. He takes it and walks into the bathroom to get changed. He exits the room a few minutes later in comfier clothing and sits down next to me.

RR : What's the plan for tonight?

Marinette : I was thinking of karaoke? If you want to of course. We can always watch something afterwards. I already made us some snacks. They're in the kitchen.

RR : Now that sounds like a plan.

Marinette : Let's get started then!

°Time skip°

We spent an hour singing karaoke, had a singing contest and somehow ended up dancing together. Not a very good dance, but we're both having a lot of fun with the Playlist that's on at the moment.