Chapter 10

Marinette's POV :

I woke up curled up in a ball on the couch. I sat up and quickly realized that I should have just gone to bed last night. With no sign of Red Robin even coming around and a sore back, I let out a loud sigh and buried my face in between my hands.

What did I even expect!? Why would he come back? I made him feel uncomfortable and he deserves much better than me anyway.

I should really go to bed. I don't feel like doing anything today.

I pass Tikki on my way to the bedroom and do my best to hide my face from her.

Tikki : Good morning Marinette! Did you sleep well?

I turn around and look at her in the eye. I tried my hardest to keep my tears at bay.

Tikki : Oh, Marinette! I'm so sorry!

She hugged my cheek.

Marinette : I'm fine Tikki. I just need some rest.

Tikki let go of my cheek and looked at me sadly.

Tikki : If you say so...

I went to my room and locked my door before collapsing onto my bed and completely breaking down.

I burry my face into my pillow and start to cry.

Why is it I can't seem to make anyone happy?

I know he's a vigilante and that that might make the relationship complicated, but I didn't think he would just leave without a word. I wish he had at least confronted me. I feel so dumb now for getting all of that stuff ready for him last night...
I let out a loud sigh and roll onto my back. I stare at the ceiling for a couple of minutes, tears are still rolling down my cheeks.

I suddenly hear my phone vibrate on my bedside table. I pick it up to find a message from Tim and an Instagram notification. I open Instagram and scroll through the comments on my latest post.

"So beautiful!"

"Gorgeous 😍!"

"I wish I could design like you!"

And many more.. -how should I put this? - Nice comments... But those comments aren't what caught my eye. No. One comment quickly took over all of my thoughts.

"It's crazy what people think is good looking nowadays. I mean, these designs are shit! 🤢"

I look through the replies the comment got, and although many of them are positive, the negative ones just hit a lot harder.

Feeling the need to keep my mind off of the comments, I decide to scroll through the reels. I scroll through videos of other designers' work, vigilantes, heros...

The compilations made by Ladynoir shippers were particularly upsetting. I mean, who wouldn't be upset if they knew what I knew, if they knew how pushy Chat is becoming.

I come across videos from Alya's account of her, Nino and Adrien having fun, buying ice cream, swimming... I know they would have invited me if I had been in Paris, but then again, Alya hasn't messaged me since I left Paris. Maybe they're better off without me...

At some point, I came across a video of Red Robin and I just lost it. I threw my phone across the room, probably shattering the screen by doing so.

Tears prick my eyes once again, and I really don't feel like fighting them. I roll onto my side and hug my pillow tightly as I cried myself to sleep.

°Time skip°

I woke up to find Tikki floating above my face.

Tikki : I brought you some soup. You must be hungry by now!