Chapter 11

Marinette's POV :

I woke up in the morning feeling great. I sat up as soon as I opened my eyes and stretched my arms out. When I looked around, last night's events came back to me in a flash and, although I was really worried about Red Robin last night, I can't help but be in a good mood.

He hadn't stood me up on purpose!

I stand up and dance a little bit, when I hear Tikki laugh behind me. I turn around and face her with a huge smile on my face.

Marinette : Good morning Tikki!

Tikki : Good morning Marinette! You seem to be in a good mood today.

Marinette : I sure am!

A smug look spreads across Tikki's face.

Tikki : Why is that?

Marinette : Oh hush! You know full well why. Now don't ruin it!

I decide to go make some pancakes. I start work on the batter while humming to myself.

Once the batter is ready, I cook them and put them on three plates. I put some maple syrup on mine and put different things on the tray I'm going to bring Red Robin.

I hope he slept well.

I made him some fresh coffee to go with his breakfast, as I remember him saying it was his favorite drink.

I put two of the plates onto the tray, leaving the third one for the kwamis, and put our coffees on it as well, before picking it up and making my way to the room. I knock on the door and enter the room without thinking. He's still asleep.

I place the tray on the edge of the bed and open the curtains.

Marinette : Good morning Sleepy head!

When I turn around however, I notice something I wasn't expecting at all.

Red Robin is sitting up in bed looking at me. He must still be still half asleep, because he hasn't noticed the very important element I did.

His mask fell off.

It's Tim. Tim is Red Robin.

Tim : Good morning Marinette!

Marinette : H-how's your s-side f-f-feeling?

He looks at me funnily.

Tim : A lot better thanks to you. Is something wrong?

Marinette : No! No, everything is f-f-fine!

Tim : Are you sure? You're stuttering.

Marinette : P-positive!

All of a sudden, I hear my phone make a noise I'm all too familiar with. An Akuma alert.

Marinette : I-I have to go.

Tim : What ?

He suddenly seems to notice something on my face and gets out of bed. He walks up to me and puts his hand on my forehead.

Tim : Are you sure you're okay? You were really pale all of a sudden.

Marinette : I'm fine really!

I remove his hand from my face and start to slowly make my way towards the door. As I make it to the door, I hear a thud. I turn around and see Tim's Red Robin mask next to the bed. My eyes quickly move to a now extremely pale looking Tim.

Tim : Shit!

I start to run towards the bathroom at the other end of the apartment, the one that has a strong lock, but Tim quickly catches up to me and grabs hold of my wrist.