The Beginning....

The streets of Liyue were bustling with people. Lights everywhere as the day drew to a close and people rushing to get their last items before everywhere closed for the night, the sun sat on the horizon turning the sky into shades of pink, orange and purple.
Near the edge of the docks stood a lonely Fatui Harbinger, cape flowing in the wind as his hair flowed calmly to the breeze's melody. He was finally able to enjoy peace without being questioned about relationships and if he's dating somebody.

His name was Childe and he was 11th of the Fatui Harbingers, his rank in the Fatui meant a lot to him yet he dare not let his family back in Snezhnaya know about his dark secret.
Childe was well known in Liyue, he helped a lot of the common folk, he fought and fought for people worried about their villages or homes. He also was very popular in the Northland Bank between his fellow comrades and even the higher ranks of the Harbingers.

But....Despite how kind he was, it had come to his attention that rumours were being spread about him and another male Zhongli.
The two always hung out together and were seen with each other around Liyue frequently, obviously this was probably the root cause to his problem. No matter how much the two said no to the people, they'd always come back some other day to ask again.
The questions they always asked were..
"Are you and Mr. Zhongli dating?"
"Are you two together?"
"Are you dating?"
And frankly, Childe was getting annoyed hearing the questions although it never affected Zhongli.
But there was another thing that concerned Childe...Who actually started the rumours?
Every time he would ask, the people would've already been on their way to tell their friends and family therefore leaving Childe with no answer to his question.
He had asked Zhongli multiple times about it, yet he didn't know either. They both tried to ask constantly and would either be met by "I'm not sure.." or "Sorry gotta go!" and both of them would be left more curious than before.
Childe was determined to try and find out who started this, and he knew who to ask first...
His good friend.. The legendary Traveller.

(369 WORDS :Smirk:)
(PLEASE DON'T BULLY ME I BEG THIS IS MY FIRST FANFIC ILL TRY UPDATE DAILY I HOPE :(( )
(i hope you all join me on the rollercoaster of a fanfic i'm gonna write.)
(i do almost never have motivation or effort to do stuff so don't bully me if i don't update daily)