The Big Confession..

They always say confessing your feelings is really hard to do, but Childe never struggled when it came to love and confessing.
He would always say it in a nice private place to please the other who he liked, he might've been a bit nervous but not as much as he was now.

For a while now he had liked Zhongli and wanted that fact kept secret between only him and Madame Ping. Nobody else.

He had planned it all out in his head.
First, he would ask Zhongli if he wanted to have a stroll. Then he would get to a beautiful view and tell him right then and there. Lastly if he got rejected he wouldn't cry, because he's a harbinger and crying over a god not loving you is pathetic.
Snezhnaya Does Not Believe in Tears after all.

As he arrived, he raised his slightly shaking arm to knock on Zhongli's door.
He accidentally knocked around 4 to 5 times in total that definitely grabbed his attention as a second later the door opened slowly.

"Childe? May I be of assistance to you at this time?" Zhongli spoke in a calm monotone voice.

"I was wondering if you wanted to come with me to watch the sunset, I know a good spot to watch it!" Childe spoke talking faster after each word as he got more nervous and excited at the same time.
The two emotions were clashing more than Childe would've liked.

"Ah I guess i can, let me go get my clothes and we shall be on our way." Zhongli replied with a slight excitement in his voice after Childe had asked.

The door shut and Childe sat down on the porch, he tried to figure why Zhongli suddenly was more excited because before when Childe asked and he never actually had a massive change or even a tiny change in tone, he only continued his same tone as if he wasn't excited more bored if anything.

Suddenly, the door opened with Zhongli standing in a nice cleaned outfit. It had only taken him what.. 3-4 Minutes from when they last spoke? It was honestly surprising for somebody like him.

But they started their evening stroll.
Their shoes slamming onto the stone beneath them in unison, they made a pleasant sound as the two rambled on about different subjects.

As they slowly approached the destination, Childe's heart rate sped up and created the worst scenarios in his mind to taunt at him, like he was a puppet to his own brain.
What if Zhongli rejected him?
What if he avoided Childe after that?
What if he..
Childe stopped.
He wasn't up to arguing against himself and he knew it wasn't true..for once.

They reached a beautiful mountain spot, trees laying a soft moss carpet along the mountain run with flowers and fern.
The edge of the mountain had a bench with a little fence in-front, not too high to not see over but not too low to fall off the mountain.

They both took a seat and Childe took a deep breath holding his heart tightly.

"Childe? Are you okay?" Asked a concerned Zhongli.
"Y-yeah..I am." Childe stuttered on his words trying to find the right thing to say but then he got a wave of confidence and decided to yolo it.

"Mr Zhongli I like you, I've liked- no LOVED you since i first met you and since then my feelings have grown and i just..It makes my heart go fast when your around." Childe spoke fast but fast enough for Zhongli to understand.

"Ah, I love you too Childe. I heard your talk between Madame Ping and you before this and knew it was finally time." Zhongli let a small smile creep onto his face as he spoke softly.

Childe hugged Zhongli in a happy state, squeezing him tightly.
"You..YOU DO!?" Childe yelled but in a excited tone, Starts in his eyes as he stared at Zhongli waiting desperately for an answer.

"Yes, do you accept a small token of my gratitude for this moment?" Zhongli said with a smirk.

"A small token? Huh?" Childe let go and tilted his head slightly to the side like a baby confused by its owner's sounds.

Zhongli cupped his hands on Childe's cheeks and brung him close, turning the gingers face to raise in temperature and blush rapidly.
"h-hUh-?!" Childe was too flustered to speak another word.

"I love you." Zhongli muttered before allowing his and Childe's lips to meet.

The suns rays lightly hugged the two, making them all the more fuzzy and warm inside and out. Childe shuffled closer and deepened the kiss finally being able to do what he wanted to do for so long.
Now he could finally kiss him, and the fact he didn't reject him made it all the more better.

The two pulled apart panting slightly, before bringing eachother close and cuddling on the bench.
Childe was blushing like crazy and was hugging Zhonglis chest area, making himself cozy in the nice warm arms of his lover.

Zhongli simply rested his head on Childe's as he ran his fingers through his hair which seemed to bring pleasure to Childe as he smiled while Zhongli did so.

Childe looked up and Zhongli looked down at eachother before kissing once more and breaking apart to mutter a few words to eachother

"I love you so much."
They finally admitted in unison.

(HELLO! Welcome to the end of Rumours.
(Im sorry if this was short but this was very long for me to write, I got stuck on some of the parts so i had to spend time thinking.
(I love you all for reading, voting and commenting even though my introvert self panics happily when responding to comments.
(Thank you all for spending time to read my first ever story, I hope you all stick with me for stories upon stories to come.
(This and the authors note all together makes this chapter over 1k words long, aka my first time writing this much.
(For my future stories the most ill do is kissing and hugging as im very uncomfy with smut.

ANYWAYS! ENJOY AND HAVE A WONDERFUL REST OF YOUR SEPTEMBER!
I LOVE YOU ALL AND I HOPE YOU STICK WITH ME FOR FUTURE STORIES!!!

(approx 1069 words including the note.