What are you saying?

Childe carefully entered the Jade Chamber, it was like a place made out of pure gold..It was all customised to Lady Ningguang's personal preferences and in all honesty she had good taste in furniture and aesthetic.

Everything was sparkling and shining in the sun's golden rays as Childe walked, the place was nicely made and even after it got destroyed before it was rebuilt as if nothing had changed.

He ran his hand down the banister as he walked down looking for Keqing.
The ginger slowly found his way to Keqing's office and knocked on the door.

"Come in" She spoke as she kept her eyes on her paperwork, Childe entered as he looked around stunned.
Keqing's office was tidy and despite the amounts of paperwork she had to go through each day she still kept the place sparkling clean. No dust or dirt in sight.

"So, Keqing.. Lumine told me to come ask you about who started the rumours, about you know....me and Mr Zhongli." Childe spluttered out.

"Well I do know somebody who started to spread the rumours, but why do you care so much?" Keqing asked, it sounded as if she was generally curious but Childe had a feeling that she was trying to get answers for something else..

"Well it is getting on my nerves and it's annoying being asked of we are gay every five seconds." He replied with a slight sarcastic tone, yet he managed to say an excuse without it revealing any major info that could've possibly helped her if she did have a plan.

"Fair enough, just saying everybody thinks you two would be good together so yeah, but I think madame ping helped spread the rumours."

Childe was taken back.

"Madame Ping? But shes an old granny!" Childe shouted without a second thought, how could that granny make such a big problem for him?

"Everybody knows shes a massive gossiper, despite her age she loves the drama that happens. She also likes to start a little fuss when two people she think like each other start hanging out lot and obviously you and Mr Zhongli caught her eye."
Throughout the whole thing Childe stood there listening to every word contemplating how she could've started the whole harbour for a little 'drama'.

"Hmm...Well thanks Keqing. Your info really helped! I'll see you around!" Childe waved goodbye as he made his way up to the Front doors.

Keqing turned to one of her assistants shortly after the door closed.
"Oh I totally helped spread the rumours."
They both giggled as the day drew to a close once more leaving Childe to walk to his home in the pitch black night.

But as he walked, soft footsteps could be heard from behind. He quickly stepped up the pace he was walking and got a hydro dagger ready.
Whoever this was following him had to of been an enemy of his, it was late at night so it couldn't of been the people he trusted.
As his thoughts went wild, the footsteps went quiet. He turned around to see just some brown leaves flowing through the breezes gentle blow.
But suddenly, the footsteps appeared again and came rushing towards Childe, he heard somebody leap into the air and he ran off. Whatever or whoever that was sure wanted Childe dead.

It seems Childe was followed, but who by?

(HELLO I AM SO SORRY ABOUT THE LIKE NEARLY TWO DAYS OF NOT UPDATING!!
(I think this chapters nearly 600 words ish?
(Including the notes ofc, but anyways I hope you enjoy this chapter!
(Note: If theres any spelling errors i'll correct them later 🥹🥹