30 ・⋆⋅ closer

OOVOO JAVER.
CHAPTER THIRTY.
❝ closer. ❞

☆・°・。

☆・°・。

the night of the dinner was the complete opposite of the last dinner party the group of friends had...

less wine. less people. more laughter. more intimacy.

rae & sadie went in depth on the last six months they spent away not talking. you could tell they missed each other deeply. when you go from talking to a person all day every day to suddenly cutting them off it usually changes a relationship when you reconnect. but it's like time stopped for the two. they started to laugh like usual. they started to talk again like two best friends.

at one point levi had noticed that sadie was staring at rae for five minutes without rae noticing. was sadie falling for rae? is she falling harder?

the goodbyes were hard.

rae yearned for something more. but did sadie feel the same way? will rae ever truly forgive her?

☆・°・。

later that night after the dinner party, sadie shows up to rae's apartment door unannounced.

rae is in her pajamas by now. sadie is breathing heavy. she has an anxious look on her face like she is about to tell rae the most life changing news ever.

rae is confused because it is nearly midnight and thought sadie was halfway to atlanta to film stranger things 4. "oh hey! what are you doing here? it's almost midnight silly!" rae tells the red-headed girl standing before her.

she pulls sadie by the collar of her beige coat into her apartment, "it's a little cold out." silence fills the air, sadie hasn't said a word since arriving. rae is a beyond confused. she waves her hand in sadie's face. sadie snaps out of it. "right, right. hi.," she says sing-songy, obviously stalling.

she finally blurts out why she came there in the first place, "so..." she's stalling, "i wanted to come here & tell you that... i've had a crush on you since the day i accidentally texted you."

"it's kind of weird to explain but i feel like i could feel your soul through the screen. and i can't help to believe that i was meant to text you and also miss half of the emmy's awards show that night," she laughs a bit. rae hasn't said anything because sadie is going on a ramble and also because of the fact that rae is in a state of pure shock.

"i am so sorry if i ever gave off the impression that i liked your brother. sometimes i am too nice to people. also i didn't know if you liked me back so i thought if i flirted a little with ezra i'd see. but it went a little too far." sadie looks down at rae's fingertips that are playing with her hoodie strings.

"i didn't know why you didn't talk to me that night or even say goodbye to me. why you didn't talk to me after that. i kind of got the hint you didn't want to talk to me. i mean i was a hundred percent clueless. i thought you were just pretending at that point because we were co-stars and we were done filming & the act was over." she takes a breath. rae is wide-eyed.

sadie has a genuine sorry look, "that night i didn't kiss ezra... he told me he liked me & i kind of just froze. i didn't know what to say because he's your brother & after that i didn't want it to be awkward between us. after me not saying a word or moving for a good solid three minutes, he leaned in to kiss me to fill the awkwardness? or convince me? i don't know... but i pulled away. i promise."