I Would Do It All Again Just For You

Hey just a note! Please don't copy this idea and if you would like to use the idea please ask or give credit! I'll find a book cover eventually. Also don't be scared to criticize me especially constructive criticism, since that helps me make my stories better. The blank spaces at the end of the chapter are there on purpose to make sure people don't accidentally scroll onto the next chapter and get stuck on an add before finishing. If some things don't make sense just pretend it's supposed to be like that. Like Finns feelings. I know he and Robin weren't close enough to like each other but you know what, leave me alone and let me ship them T - T. Don't forget to comment and vote.
Enjoy!

Death is a funny thing. Most people avoid it at all cost, fearing it. Some embrace it, wanting it. A few love it, cause it. Finney was not most people, nor was he some, nor was he few. He was all. Fearing death, wanting death, causing death. Finney was quite a special boy, getting help from dead kids through a simple black telephone. Only surviving because of the kids who didn't make it out. Only surviving because he knew thats what they wanted. What Robin wanted. Why did Robin want him to survive? He had died while getting snacks for him and Finney. He should've wanted him to rot, rot like Finney wanted to. Why did he have to be the only survivor? Why couldn't any of the other boys get to live their life? Why did Robin have to die so early? Why couldn't Finney save him?

After escaping and reuniting with his sister he was more then happy.....well..at least for a few days. It took a bit for him to really process the fact that Robin was dead. Robin had been his best friend and the one to be there for him. Him helping Finney only made his perspective on the strong boy even better. Now that he was gone Finney doesn't know what to do with himself. He didn't realize how much the boy ment to him until he was gone. Maybe he meant a little too much. The girls at school started paying more attention to him. I guess killing the person who killed and kidnapped kids looks good when your trying to get a girl. For some reason though, I didn't want a girl. The thought of kissing one of them made me squirm let alone get married or anything else. Now that he thinks about it, kissing Robin wouldn't be so bad. He had saved him after all. Taught him how to fight the Grabber. Finney owed him his life.

Finney thought about things like this a lot, which is why he was currently sitting next to Robins grave thinking about what he could've done to protect Robin on that awful day.

If he could he would trade places with Robin that day and let himself be kidnapped instead. He would relive everything. All the pain, the agony, the helplesness. The fear of not knowing if you would ever see another sun rise. The feeling of the Grabber doing things to him he wished he could forget. The feeling of never being clean again. He would go through it all. Every single detail of it if it only meant Robin could live.

Ring Ring

The sound of an incoming call from the telephone brought Finney out of his own head. Where could that be coming from? He's in the middle of a cemetery. What if it was one of the boys. What if it was Robin. Being set on the thought Finney quickly got up and practically sprints towards the sound. Following the sound leads him to the outer edges of the cemetery and to a grave with an all too familiar name.

The Grabber

A black telephone is attached to the grave stone making only the top words visible which just so happens to be the devils name. Why the hell is there a phone identical to the one in that horrid place. Why is it connected to the gravestone. He got help from dead people so why should this be so hard to believe. Letting his hand move to phone he tried to at least think he might be able to have one more call. Just one. With that boy he cared for so much. As he's about to answer the phone he pauses, realizing how stupid it is to believe it could any of the boys especially Robin. Letting a small huff of disappointment and confusion, he unpauses and let's himself answer the phone.

"Hello?"

"Did you mean it?" Their voice is unrecognizable, unfamiliar. It's dull and has no emotion. Finney couldn't even tell if it was male or female.

"Mean what? Who is this?"

"Doing it all over."

Finney freezes as the words enter his ear and travel to his brain. This must be a coincidence. This isn't possible. He didn't even say it out loud for any ghost to hear.

"Yes"

The word leaves his mouth before he can even think about much, almost instinctively. Ignoring his unexpected answer and focusing on how whoever was on the other end seemed to know what he had thought just moments before. He was just about to ask who they were when the words got cut off his tongue with his own confusion. The ground began to swirl and mix together with the sky, creating a mix of colors that invaded his vision. He felt his eyes begin to close as his hand suddenly dropped the phone. Fingers seeming to give out with the rest of his body. What was happening? That was the last thought he could come up with as he felt the wind curve around his body, creating space for him as he fell through it closer and closer to the hard ground.

It was cold and dark for a moment, but only for a moment. Then suddenly it's like his muscles could move his bones again letting him try and break his fall. Only to find there was no fall to be broken. He was on a bed, well his bed to be more specific. Why was he on his bed? Could it have been a dream? Wouldn't have been a first.

Still slightly confused he lifts the covers removing them from himself while slowly gets off bed letting his feet hit the cold floor. He sits there for a bit giving him time to compose himself before he fully leaves the bed and heads to the kitchen. When he turns the corner he sees his farther sitting on the table reading an oddly familiar newspaper.

After reuniting with his father the man tried to be better. He tried to drink less and make it up to them for the abuse, but Finney and Gwen haven't forgiven him. They don't think they ever will, at least not any time soon.

He gets himself breakfast and sits at the table in front of his dad. Who currently seemed super invested in the paper. It reminded him of that day. So he decided to try and be quiet. He quickly eats while doing his best not to slurp and heads off to school with Gwen. She tried to make conversation as we made our way to school but I was to caught up with my own thoughts to pay much mind. Eventually she just stopped and decided to quietly walk the rest of the way. She was wearing the same outfit that day... the day Robin went missing. Come to think of it the whole morning has been almost the exact same.

Did you mean it?

The voice rang through his head. It had to be a coincidence. If not then that would mean. That would Robin is alive. No. He couldn't let himself get his hopes up knowing it wasn't true. He had to accept that Robin was gone. That he wasn't coming back. Not to save him from his bullies or make him feel stronger. Not to bring him snacks so they could have fun while studying. Not to make his stomach feel like it's all bubbly and about to explode. Not to-

"Hey look!"

Gwen had nudged his shoulder getting him to look up and see that she was pointing to a big group of kids that seems to be surrounding something.

"Come on let's go see! It's probably someone getting their ass beat."

Gwen took her brothers hand and started running towards the crowd. Eventually making it to them and trying to squish through to see what was happening. Finney tried to follow but got behind due to him being a bit bigger then his sister. He was about to tell her they shouldn't get too close when he heard a voice say words that were way too familiar.

"I will pound you like a nail, you scrawny little beaner!"

Now Finney knew he had definitely heard that before. There was no mistaking it. He couldn't bring himself to look in that direction just incase. He couldn't look up just to find he was mistaken and the boy he would give everything for not be there. Maybe he should just close his eyes and walk away blindly. Maybe-

"Then do it."

Holy shit

Posted 8/17/22 1:00 am