Comfort

FINALLY DONE WITH TESTING FOR NOW 😭

Going back to the minimum of one chapter a week! Of course it'll be more if I have a lot of ideas, but the minimum will be one a week. Anyway...anyone miss me?

"Hey, mi amor, can you look at me?"

Finney remembered what that meant and it only broke him more. He didn't deserve to be called that. The silent, almost unnoticeable panic attack, that had been happening immediately switched. He was brought out of his head and came to a hault in his wrapping. His eyes flickered up finally meeting Robin's. They were watering rapidly and before he could even blink tears spilled from his eyes. His before stilled mouth became an uncontrollable frown. His muscles instinctively tensed and his breathing worsened.

Robin tried desperately to wipe away the tears with his thumbs but a few still slipped past and landed almost silently on the tilled floor. This app seemed to put a frown on Robin's face.

"Please don't cry..." He swiftly pulled Finney into an embrace, still mindful to be gentle with the broken boy. "...I know you don't want to tell me and I won't pry, but please don't hold things in until you break, mi amor. Your soul is far too beautiful and kind to be swallowed in darkness."

The words Robin spoke he knew were true. He believed Finney was far to precious for this world. A world of hate and sin, though he knew Finney would never feel the same about himself.

Finney couldn't bring himself return Robin's embraced, wrap his arms around the persons trying to comfort him, the very person who cared so much for him. The very person he cared so much for. He eventually felt his head lean into Robin's shoulder. Not by choice, no, he had desperately tried to prevent himself from accepting comfort. Though he knew he didn't  want to reject the hug either, for his heart won against his brain. This rarely happens, but Finney was vulnerable right now.

He doesn't know how long he stood there. Letting himself take small shaky inhales to stabilize his breathing. Each breath filled his lungs with Robin's scent. Finney noticed when they started hanging out more that there was this specific scent that always followed Robin. It always reminded him that Robin was there. Now more then ever. It made sure he knew that he was in Robin's arms. That he wasn't back on the cold dirty basement not knowing if he was going to make it out alive. That Robin was alive again. He could see him, and feel him, and talk to him without it being the last time. He couldn't say time wasn't limited though. He knew he had to get to the police and tell them about his "discovery". He needed to make sure the Gabber was caught. He needed to make sure everything would be ok...but not right now. Right now he didn't have to think about that. He can worry about it later.

When he tears finally stopped, and his breathing was better, he was left with small hiccups. Robin must have noticed his tears and uneven puffs of breath had stopped because he slowly started to pull away. He cupped Finney's face in his hands once again.

That's when Finney noticed that sometime during his break down, he had let his hands go up and grip the fabric that covers Robin's chest. As soon as that realization hit, he went stiff. This had him to do the opposite of what he meant to do, causing his hands to grip Robin's shirt tighter. His eyes locked with Robin but this time his vision wasn't blurred with tears. He could see those pretty brown eyes.

They stared at each other for a good while. Robin's soft eyes trying to show Finney that he's there to comfort him, his hands on Finney's face already proved that though.

Finney couldn't look away.
He doesn't know if he wants to.

Posted 10/14/22 6:27pm